New Jerry Goldsmith Projects in 2017?

Brundlefly

• 2 months later...

Wasn't somebody talking about Jerry Goldsmith and a highlight at the end of the year? Do these clues belong together? If yes what could it be? If not what highlight from what composer are they talking about?

Roger from Intrada had indicated about their upcoming 4cd set being a Golden Age composer. The other 2cd set title remains a mystery. RAMBO III is probably been stuck in approval process.. as Doug Fake worked on it much earlier this year.

4 minutes ago, publicist said:

'Rambo III' was already re-released in 2006 or so...and has been eternally available in all kinds of incarnations. Another puzzling case of grasping at straws.

Yes, but they found better source and so have prepared a new 2cd set master that will sound much better. The 2nd cd being the album presentation/edit. It kind of closes the book on the Goldsmith Rambo trilogy (after similar 2cd set remasters of First Blood and Rambo II)

Well it will be the first time I'll be purchasing Rambo III but yeah there is now tendency to re-re-release the old scores in "sonically improved" form over and over again as new better sounding tapes are found. Sometimes I submit and buy the new version, sometimes I don't.

Yeah. I bought Rambo II for the third time, even though it only had about 30 seconds of unreleased music in good quality.

If Intrada released yet another version with a great sounding version of the end title I will buy it once again.

3 hours ago, publicist said:

What they have found (years ago) is a good spin to empty the submissive fan's pockets again and again. I think it's really pathetic but then it's a free market. 

You're right. Special labels just care about the money, that's why they chose film music as source to earn loads of it. When an expansion is sold out and re-released there must always be at least 10 seconds to be newly released for the first time. There is no passion or the goal to do it all properly. Have you never heard of the Jurassic Park alternate takes?

• 1 month later...
On 22.11.2017 at 4:18 PM, Brundlefly said:

Varese Sarabande

Intrada

La-La Land

These labels are all probable deliverers of one last JG release. At least one will, which I'm sure of! Let's gamble!

Well, it were Intrada and Quartet, what a surprise!

I would say this was a decent year for Jerry Goldsmith fans! 4 titles got a complete release for the first time:

- Papillon (Quartet)

- The Haunting (Varese Sarabande)

- Damnation Alley (Intrada)

- The Russia House (Quartet)

Let's hope 2018 will be another awesome year for Goldsmith fans!