New Williams fanfare at presidential inauguration?

nadeama

50 minutes ago, king mark said:

It's the short fanfare in this thread

The inauguration fanfare definitely has a little Williams flair, I heard that same thing KM did. It's that spot with the ascending scale passage in three part harmony. 

Yeah it certainly sounds very Williams-y. I don't know music theory but it still seems to have a lot of his style. 

---------------

Here's something interesting. I searched for and found another of the anonymous Army Herald Trumpet fanfares. It's a little difficult to hear, but it sounds a little less Williams-y (which probably decreases the chance of the other one being Williams).

Listen here:

Just a short update on this topic: I didn't get a reply from the Marine Band.

There, that's as short as it gets. lol

But seriously, at this point I doubt they'll reply. Again, I'm writing rather late before going to bed, but tomorrow I'll try to search for a contact for the Herald Trumpets and write to them directly if I can find one. If I can't reach them or they don't reply, then I guess we'll never know who wrote the fanfare.

So, pure coincidence, but I received a reply today. Unfortunately, they just told me to contact the Army Band Herald Trumpets directly.

I found the Army Band's website and used a contact form there to ask them about the fanfare. I'll keep you posted when/if I get a reply.