Channel Awesome's Top Five John Williams scores

Faleel

A perfectly acceptable and predictable list, the only real dark horse was Hook and even it is becoming popular as a "dark horse" choice.  

As expected, the comment section is comprised solely of 13 year olds whining about Jurassic Park and/or Star Wars not taking the #1 spot.  

3 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

A perfectly acceptable and predictable list, the only real dark horse was Hook and even it is becoming popular as a "dark horse" choice.  

As expected, the comment section is comprised solely of 13 year olds whining about Jurassic Park and/or Star Wars not taking the #1 spot.  

Sorry, but STAR WARS is the number one soundtrack.

These arbitrary, "best of lists" really piss me off, especially when I know the truth already.

3 minutes ago, Incanus said:

The list should be as follows:

1. Storia Di Una Donna

2. The Secret Ways

3. Not With My Wife, You Dont!

4. John Goldfarb, Please Come Home!

5. Daddy's Gone A-Hunting

Honorable mentions:

Gidget Goes to Rome

A Guide for the Married Man

Bachelor Flat

You jest, but I would love to see a list like that from someone. Some fine gems on there, except maybe JOHN GOLDFARB! But it would probably need to be called 'hidden gems' or some such thing.

46 minutes ago, Thor said:

You jest, but I would love to see a list like that from someone. Some fine gems on there, except maybe JOHN GOLDFARB! But it would probably need to be called 'hidden gems' or some such thing.

Those are some very small gems on that illustrious John Williams crown.

Thought I would dearly like to hear The Secret Ways and Storia Di Una Donna on proper releases.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

NOT WITH MY WIFE YOU DON'T is the most entertaining Williams album from the 60s, IMO. More than a 'small gem' to me, anyway.

That would be The Reivers for me.

32 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

That would be The Reivers for me.

Yeah, I think THE REIVERS is the "best" score of the decade, all things considered, but for sheer entertainment value, nothing beats NWMWYD for me. If I were to pick ONE of his 60s/comedy/jazz scores to represent them all as an album experience, it would be this. Even above the more famous, A list score of HOW TO STEAL A MILLION.