I made a COMPLETE playlist of John Williams scores on Spotify

radioflyer

I made this John Williams playlist last night on Spotify that includes EVERYTHING they have available.  I had forgotten that he scored "Home Alone", "Valley of the Dolls"(well...conducted/arranged)  and had no idea he scored "SpaceCamp". Spacecamp! Sadly, "Spacecamp" does not seem to be available. 

There are many scores that Spotify doesn't have like "Dracula (1979)", "The Eiger Sanction"and "1941" but if they show up I'll add them.

Otherwise, if you are looking for almost 70 hours of John Williams....this is for you. Great to put on shuffle and just let it roll. 

https://open.spotify.com/user/1231292280/playlist/6GWabNyLAmKZiRJmYUppWt

First of all, how do I access this playlist in the web player? There is no link, just the embedded list above. Also, any particular reason you linked to the movie's facebook pages rather than IMDB?

But I scrolled through the list above, and although it ain't easy to identify which tracks are from which score, I got a general idea. I'm surprised if that's all the John Williams there is on Spotify. I thought there was much, much more.

Here is  a direct link to the playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/1231292280/playlist/6GWabNyLAmKZiRJmYUppWt 

It links to Facebook because I initially posted this to my Facebook page. 

I was surprised also at the many missing John Williams scores - especially since some were Oscar nominated. Hopefully Spotify will keep adding them, although I'm sure there are licensing and legal entanglements involved. 

Thanks! 

13 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

The Lost World is unavailable for me, anyone else has this problem as well?

On my playlist? I just checked and it seemed to work. If you are in another country it could be an international rights issue. 

15 minutes ago, dillweed97 said:

Williams didn't score Valley of the Dolls he just conducted it is what my LP says.

I know but I added it since I'm going for the whole "Complete" thing. For example, he is only credited as arranger for "Fiddler on the Roof", but I included that as well since I think it's an important stepping stone in his development. 

i.imgur.jpg

Although the soundtrack cover doesn't indicate it, he also did arrangements on VALLEY. In fact, I also remember hearing several original, instrumental passages in the film that clearly sounded like bits of Williams' score (that was not related to the Previn material). But the jury's still out on the extent of his involvement.

7 hours ago, The Psycho Pianist said:

Well, that's not a score!

Ok, you list all the things JW has composed or performed... SO many things is lacking... Where is Checkmate... Diamond Head... they are on Spotify.

PS: Beware of what you add from "Jazz begginings", it's a compilation of many albums, so you have now doubles in your playlist... sort by titles, you will see. ;)

Feel free to use my discography as a guide, as it is the only one on the web who list on the same page, all the albums where JW is a performer or conductor. Don't forget the Singles page too.. It also have a complementary part for his discography as a composer, for where he's not a performer.

Here are some links to albums you are missing in those playlists of mine (if the albums are available in your country of course, Spotify is a very strange thing sometimes...):

John Williams - 60's Smooth Pop Jazz

John Williams - The Early Years (1957-1963)

A collection of singles and guest appearances

3 hours ago, radioflyer said:

On my playlist? I just checked and it seemed to work. If you are in another country it could be an international rights issue. 

I know but I added it since I'm going for the whole "Complete" thing. For example, he is only credited as arranger for "Fiddler on the Roof", but I included that as well since I think it's an important stepping stone in his development. 

i.imgur.jpg

Very true I picked it up at a thrift store during my weekly vinyl search a year or two ago.

Fiddler, Valley of the dolls, Mr. Chips & Tom Sawyer deserve to be listed in any JW playlist and they fully have their place in his discography.

JW also won an Oscar for Fiddler.

He arranged these musics... but also performed it. These scores are brilliant. I don't know why some here are always trying to diminish his implication in those wonderful scores, even if he's not the composer.

Check-out the section "Arrangements & Orchestrations (selective list)" on my website: http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/arranger/index.htm

And please feel free to contact me if you want me to add some entries in this page.  As his career as an arranger is not very well documented...

18 hours ago, Bespin said:

Fiddler, Valley of the dolls, Mr. Chips & Tom Sawyer deserve to be listed in any JW playlist and they fully have their place in his discography.

JW also won an Oscar for Fiddler.

He arranged these musics... but also performed it. These scores are brilliant. I don't know why some here are always trying to diminish his implication in those wonderful scores, even if he's not the composer.

Check-out the section "Arrangements & Orchestrations (selective list)" on my website: http://www.goplanete.com/johnwilliams/arranger/index.htm

And please feel free to contact me if you want me to add some entries in this page.  As his career as an arranger is not very well documented...

Thank You!