ROTS Expanded Score: Real or Fake? Probably fake.

Manakin Skywalker

So I saw this post/picture being posted in several Star Wars groups that I'm in. The post seems sketchy at best, and the titles look quite fan made. However, the guys Facebook page seems to be legit, at least so it appears. Thoughts? You guys think this guy magically got a copy of a score that likely doesn't exist? Or do you think he's making a hoax and fooling a lot of people on Facebook? I'm 99% sure it's fake, but it's worth taking a look at just incase.

[Image removed due to privacy issues]

Is it possible?  Of course.  Sessions have leaked before for plenty of films, and it's possible someone with an in at Lucasfilm gave them to this guy as a gift (plus some homemade album art!)

Now, is it likely?  Not really.  Chances are, it's one of the countless fan edits cribbed together using sound files from the various SW video games.

no

28 minutes ago, Manikin Skywalker said:

I'm trying to get him to send me a file so I can confirm if it's legit or not.

he doesn't mention if he wants to share it

I have those leaked sessions actually in my archives somewhere...Some body compiled it in some chronological form as a 3cd set configuration.

8 minutes ago, king mark said:

no

he doesn't mention if he wants to share it

I'm messaging him asking for him to send a sample. If he doesn't, then I'll assume it's fake, as I already do.

7 minutes ago, azahid said:

I have those leaked sessions actually in my archives somewhere...Some body compiled it in some chronological form as a 3cd set configuration.

Those are not real session leaks. They're just fan edits using video game and DVD rips. The sessions NEVER leaked onto the internet, not yet anyway.

If you go to the actual post on Facebook, the titles look fake as well. Some of the cues are based off of their titles in the recording sessions, but then there are a few cues like "The Battle of Kashyyyk" and "Order 66" and crap like that which are on pretty much ever fan edit out there, which I find suspicious.

Exactly, considering the set seems to contain unused music as well. He told me that he'll send me a sample tomorrow, allegedly he's out of town right now or something. This will either prove that he's yet another prankster, or that we finally have an official complete score in circulation. I highly doubt the latter.

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

100% confirmed! COMPLETE ROTS SESSIONS LEAK. DISNEY WILL RERELEASE ALL SCORES THIS YEAR!

Now you are talking! Baby. Sweet! ;) :lol:

That FB post reeks of smugness and boasting. How many messages do you think he's received by people asking for a copy?

I say fake. There's no way I can see anyone from Lucasfilm giving anyone an expanded score, without explicit instructions not to share it or even indicate that they have it.

I don't real real expansions happening until Matessino persuades JW.(maybe he has already...)

He claims he will send me "Palatine's Big Pitch" within the next two days. He says that there are 2 different versions... Which I find odd. After chatting with him for a while, I'm curious to see how this turns out. He made it sound like an editor from Lucasfilm, not Lucasfilm itself, made the score, as well as the cover art, possibly using the film stems. He didn't flat out say that, but that's the impression I got. We'll see in the next couple days if it's fake or not. Also, he said that if it is real, he can't share it. Only the track he's sending me

But it *should* be enough to determine if some form of the score is actually in circulation or not, providing he actually sends me the files.

The recording sessions have never leaked for ROTS except for one cue.

However, many of the various Star Wars videos games over the last 12 years have included music in them that wasn't on the OST, that people have been able to extract and then edit together with the OST to create fan-made Expanded Score edits.  There's basically a never ending list of these fan edits, as new fans are born all the time that want to make their own, and each new video game causes many fans who previously made one to re-do their fan edits with extra clean music, but multiple versions by the same guy still circulate, etc.

Sometimes fans go out of their way to make realistic looking covers, etc, but  its all fan-made and of course completely illegal to sell.

The actual copyright holders of the music have never released an official expanded score for AOTC or ROTS, and if one ever happens it will be major front page news and not popping up on some random Facebook group.

2 hours ago, Manikin Skywalker said:

Huh? What cue? Why have I never heard of this?

Heroes Collide.

And because you are not connected enough.

1 hour ago, Manikin Skywalker said:

When the hell was this? What do you mean by "not connected enough"?

You did not worship at the shrine on the steps of Mount Monomoki (or in the original Vulcan: Seleya)

2 hours ago, Fal said:

You did not worship at the shrine on the steps of Mount Monomoki (or in the original Vulcan: Seleya)

Whoops, I accidentally worshipped at the steps of Mount Mononomoki. Wrong Mount, I guess.