John

JohnSolo: Introduction

Eh, there's just some stuff in the series that I really don't agree with. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Star Trek, there are some aspects of it that I like, such as the music. But overall, it's a franchise that just doesn't appeal to me.

Welcome Mr. Solo!

I'm the self-proclaimed discographist of the group. If you have a question, just ask! The discography of John Williams is a treasure of infinite richness... :o

On 3/3/2017 at 11:47 PM, JohnSolo said:

Eh, there's just some stuff in the series that I really don't agree with. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Star Trek, there are some aspects of it that I like, such as the music. But overall, it's a franchise that just doesn't appeal to me.

Hmmmm....ok.

On 03/03/2017 at 1:00 AM, JohnSolo said:

Favorite composers are John Williams

You'll go far

Howard Shore

Alright, I can tolerate that

Hans Zimmer

No. Just no.

Michael Giacchino

Noooooooooooo!

Nah, jk. Welcome!

Ah, your a smug superior Star Wars fan. Gotcha.

In terms of money Star Trek has NEVER made the amounts that Star Wars did. And they never will. 

However in terms of viewable hours of storytelling ranging from good to great Star Trek has the edge by a factor of...hundreds?

Currently Star Wars has 4 films that I would consider watching again in a few years or so, one I can completely take or leave, and three that I will never waste my time with again.

Even the Star Trek films rate better than that, and they arent even the main course. Star Trek is after all a TV phenomenon.

And its fanbase is, much like Wars, incredibly consistent, and thanks to the age of easy streaming and the coming of a new show actually growing.

But feel free to feel superior about yourself. I don't mind. I get that every day of my life from Quintus here.

Live long and prosper!

37 minutes ago, JohnSolo said:

I was simply only stating the facts.

You were stating facts that were irrelevant to wether Star Wars is actually the better franchise. Jurassic World made loads more money than Mad Max: Fury Road. Does that mean its the better film?

I know. But you were comparing a film series with what is primarily a TV show. 

There are better ways to make the point.

But no matter, you are here to learn. ;)