Pursuit of the Falcon

Cumulonimbus

I agree, but for me one of the few highlights from this score, which is very "been there, done that" autopilot Williams. This actually sounds like Williams. Tin Tin (take that, Jason!), for me has a tendency to sound like it was composed by some sort of Williams music generator app.

Contains my favorite rendition of Tintin's theme! One of the very best JW action pieces in recent memory. 

Anybody complaining this sounds too much like JW (wtf?) or like JW on autopilot, why don't you just go listen to Hans Zimmer? lmao Nothing wrong with JW sounding like vintage JW!

On 3/5/2017 at 8:09 AM, Cumulonimbus said:

I cannot recall a cue by another film score composer that has this level of complexity!

Really.......?

I'm all for threads celebrating a particular cue, but I'm a little tired of the suggestion that no other composer has ever written something as complex. Rubbish.

I actually find most of the action in this score a bit messy - too many switches of ideas. The start of Clash of the Cranes is nearly unlistenable to me - it's just random bang-crash-boom-tss. Add the jazzy bits (I generally hate jazz) and this really isn't a score for me,

I don't understand the love for Tintin personally. Just never found the score all that interesting.

Clash of the Cranes in FYC form is just unlistenable noise to my ears, no matter how many times I try to "discover" it or what he was trying to achieve. In fairness of course, this is a case of poor music editing more than composer boredom.

War Horse?  Boring?  Dafuq?

It's fine to not like it as much as Tintin of course, but you literally find it boring?

4 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

For some reason, most members here can't appreciate the great fun that this score has to offer, 

It's mostly the Americans that can't stand Tintin. Probably because they think it's French.

15 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

War Horse is awesome. TinTin barely made an impression on me outside of the heroic theme. Make sense of that :)

I'm pretty much in the exact same camp.