Favourite Star Wars musical third act & end credits

crumbs

Favourite Star Wars musical third act & End Titles  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Star Wars musical third act & end credits?

• I: The Great Duel / Funeral of Qui-Gon / Augie's Great Municipal Band & End Credits
    • II: Love Pledge & The Arena / Confrontation with Count Dooku & Finale
    • III: Battle of the Heroes / Birth of the Twins / Padmé's Funeral / New Hope & End Credits
    • IV: Battle of Yavin / The Throne Room & End Title
    • V: Clash of Lightsabers / Rescue from Cloud City / Rebel Fleet & End Title
    • VI: Battle of Endor / Dark Side Beckons / Darth Vader's Death / Light of the Force / Ewok Celebration
    • VII: Ways of the Force / Scherzo for X-Wings / Farewell and the Trip / Jedi Steps & Finale

6 hours ago, Jay said:

I'd say TESB's third act starts with Han's freezing

I thought about it and there's certainly an argument to be made but I personally thought of it as more the end of the second. ESB's definitely one where they aren't completely beholden to rigid structuring though, so it's definitely up for debate. Anyway the third act begins somewhere around that spot.

On 3/6/2017 at 9:38 PM, crumbs said:

Victory Celebration is a significant improvement on Yub Nub, IMO.

It was kind of fitting that the original saga (I-VI) was bookended by diegetic celebratory music, though.

The ring theory at work, man! ;)

(it does actually line up perfectly with the theory, I never realized that before; I don't think it was mentioned in the article)

I actually really like Augie's, but it certainly is an unusual addition to the Star Wars musical universe. I'm not a big fan of the album versions synths, but I can look past those and enjoy the percussion and brass. The children's choir isn't awful (like in the album version of Victory Celebration).

I'm not a huge fan of Augie but I love how Williams occasionally gets the chance to inject these bizarre musical cues into the series. There's all the weird source music, Ewok Celebration, Padmé's Ruminations, etc.

I love when he expands the musical palette of the series, for better or worse. 

19 hours ago, Damien F said:

Disguising the emperor's theme in a major-key brassy fanfare to denote Palpy's secret success is genius. 

That is definitely really cool. Anyone know whether it has ever been confirmed whether that was JW's intention?