Henry Jackman's KONG: SKULL ISLAND (2017)

Unlucky Bastard

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched the film last night.

The score works in the film. Better than King's Man.

I tried to buty it from Watertower, but it cost $10 to shipping! The CD itself cost only $8......

Is there any others way to buy it?

WHY they are not selling it through moviemusic.com?!

I saw the film last week -- a 4DX screening with moving chairs, water, smoke, lights and whatnot. Certainly a visceral experience, but I wasn't sold on all aspects of this particular form of cinemagoing. It's not quite regular cinema, and it's not quite a theme park ride either. A curious hybrid. The film wasn't very good, but the experience is the thing here.

Anyways, can't remember much of the score, unfortunately. It felt buried in the mix (and the period songs).

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

A lot thought about Avatar in the same way. 

I know, and that's one of the reasons why I hold that film so dear. But except for the 3D, there aren't a lot of "gimmicks" in it. Cameron manages to make use of our visual and aural senses to create an envelopping experience. Some of the 4DX effects conversely took me OUT of it (like Kong's chest pounding being felt in the back, as if someone behind you kicked in the seat).

Gonna come in here and be that guy, but wow, I did not rate this film and spent all day working out why.

Thought the visuals, locations and effects were great, but the film was overall hollow and unsatisfying. The characters were one-dimensional, you never become invested in anyone. Tom Hiddleston was a godawful lead; with the charisma of drying paint. The script had no payoff, there were way too many irrelevant characters, and constantly switching focus to sub-characters purely for unfunny "comedic relief" was a tedious distraction from the bare-bones plot.

Nothing much to say about the score, except that it gave me a headache by the end credits. Serviceable noise? About the nicest thing I can say.

Is it some kind of pre-requisite in this cinematic universe to have bland, generic male leads while killing off all the interesting characters before their due date? The only interesting characters in this or Godzilla are killed off well before the climax

Spoiler

(Cranston, Goodman, Jackson).