• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex

The Papers (2017) FILM Discussion

218 posts in this topic

Time for Spielberg to be less loyal! New collaborations might lead to new angles.

Maybe Alan Silvestri could replace John... oh.

Nevermind.

Well it'd have to be if it's coming out in December.

There will be a fair amount of CGI compositing required, as is done for most period pieces of a certain budget (think Zodiac).

Didn't they start filming at the end of May? 2 months seems about right for a small Spielberg drama, mostly interior based. Doesn't seem like there was much exterior or location shooting.

He shot Lincoln absurdly fast as well. Something like 30 production days wasn't it?

Kahn's probably halfway through his first cut. I'm sure JW will be writing by the end of August and recording in October. A shame he couldn't then move on to RPO in December but it is what it is -- he doesn't owe us anything after a lifetime of brilliant music!

Not Mr. Big, Will and Once like this

Not sure about Lincoln (30 days seems too low, though, even for Spielberg) but Bridge of Spies was 59 days so I assume this was something similar. Not sure if those would be 5 or 6 day weeks, but anyway they're probably getting close.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

There will be a fair amount of CGI compositing required, as is done for most period pieces of a certain budget (think Zodiac).

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Doesn't seem like there was much exterior or location shooting.

Reminds me that I saw a few more pics posted last week, including Spielberg on location with green screen:

shutterstock_8941471aa.jpg?w=400

shutterstock_8941471r.jpg?w=900

spl1540068_004-h_2017.jpg

Will likes this

I assume filming wrapped weeks ago, but here's some photos from July:

42AAE74400000578-4728140-Doing_his_resea

42AAE77000000578-4728140-image-a-4_15009

42AAE78500000578-4728140-image-a-3_15009

Quite like Kaminski's lighting aesthetic in this setup:

42AAE72800000578-4728140-image-a-1_15009

42B4021C00000578-4738302-image-a-18_1501

42B4023100000578-4738302-image-a-17_1501

IMG_2412-e1501100773629.png

Will likes this

You cant judge the films lighting from a behind the scenes photo, which was probably tweaked anyway.

Well obviously it isn't an exact replica of what will appear in the film but it's plain to see the lighting setup Kaminski's using on this film. It's very Catch Me If You Can.

Will likes this

Hadn't noticed Bob Odenkirk and David Cross in the cast list. Nice ensemble they've got there.

Although it doesn't stop this being blatant oscar bait for SS.

8 hours ago, crumbs said:

Well obviously it isn't an exact replica of what will appear in the film but it's plain to see the lighting setup Kaminski's using on this film. It's very Catch Me If You Can.

I hope so. CMIYC is gorgeously shot.

Once, Not Mr. Big, Marcus and 1 other like this

The BTS photos from a few pages ago show the same aesthetic for the NYC exteriors.

Is it weird the film lists about 30 stunt performers on iMDB? And a stunt double/driver for Tom Hanks? 

I'm assuming the latter is just for a random driving scene (pretty standard for Hollywood that the stars don't actually drive) but the amount of stunt performers indicates some creative liberties...

EDIT: Hmm, Bridge of Spies lists a similar amount but, other than the Berlin Wall stuff, I don't remember many scenes requiring stunt performers? :unsure:

Not Mr. Big and Will like this

8 hours ago, crumbs said:

EDIT: Hmm, Bridge of Spies lists a similar amount but, other than the Berlin Wall stuff, I don't remember many scenes requiring stunt performers? :unsure:

There was that Berlin Wall sequence where the people are shot?  Trying to think of anything else