THE POST - FILM Thread

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Well it'd have to be if it's coming out in December.

There will be a fair amount of CGI compositing required, as is done for most period pieces of a certain budget (think Zodiac).

Not sure about Lincoln (30 days seems too low, though, even for Spielberg) but Bridge of Spies was 59 days so I assume this was something similar. Not sure if those would be 5 or 6 day weeks, but anyway they're probably getting close.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

There will be a fair amount of CGI compositing required, as is done for most period pieces of a certain budget (think Zodiac).

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Doesn't seem like there was much exterior or location shooting.

Reminds me that I saw a few more pics posted last week, including Spielberg on location with green screen:

shutterstock_8941471aa.jpg?w=400

shutterstock_8941471r.jpg?w=900

spl1540068_004-h_2017.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Is it weird the film lists about 30 stunt performers on iMDB? And a stunt double/driver for Tom Hanks? 

I'm assuming the latter is just for a random driving scene (pretty standard for Hollywood that the stars don't actually drive) but the amount of stunt performers indicates some creative liberties...

EDIT: Hmm, Bridge of Spies lists a similar amount but, other than the Berlin Wall stuff, I don't remember many scenes requiring stunt performers? :unsure:

8 hours ago, crumbs said:

EDIT: Hmm, Bridge of Spies lists a similar amount but, other than the Berlin Wall stuff, I don't remember many scenes requiring stunt performers? :unsure:

There was that Berlin Wall sequence where the people are shot?  Trying to think of anything else

• 1 month later...

Hey yeah I read that last week and forgot to post it here.  It is pretty freakin' crazy to have your first produced screenplay made by Spielberg starring Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep.  It's like a daydream that became real.

• 3 weeks later...

Wonder if it'll continue the tradition of Spielberg movie trailers premiering Williams' score? It's possible if the score is short and Williams started the recording sessions with concert arrangements and credits.

13 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Wonder if it'll continue the tradition of Spielberg movie trailers premiering Williams' score? It's possible if the score is short and Williams started the recording sessions with concert arrangements and credits.

I really hope so, but remember that The BFG didn't use his music. Although then again that was a different kind of film than this. Disney must have felt that it needed bolder fantasy flourishes than Williams' more restrained score could provide.