What Is The Last Play That You Saw?

Do JWfaners go to the theatre? If so, what do you like to watch?

The last play that I watched, was ART (in English), where Roger Lloyd Pack had a 10-minute meltdown, half-way through - and got a very big round of applause, for his troubles!

VERY rarely. The last one I saw was a free ticket I got for a staging of Knausgård's MY STRUGGLE, also last fall. I didn't like it, but then I never liked Knausgård's narcissistic novel series to begin with.

I sometimes go to 'stand up' or 'impro' shows, but that's not really a play.

I've BEEN in a few plays myself though, back when I was going for an acting career.

I rarely go to see a play live (though I'm a regularly opera-goer, see the "live gig" thread). The last play I saw was Pinter's No Man's Land in London, with Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart.

31230797172_283b220e52_b.jpg

I forgot to say that I also have a degree in theater history and theory -- which makes it even more ironical than I've seen so few plays over the years.

• 7 months later...

Beatles.hu at the local theatre - it's structured on some of their best songs (thankfully in English), and the whole play was basically bits of their fun interviews woven together into a not really coherent but fun mess. It's subtitled as "A musical rampage in two parts".

23 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

I saw The Book Of Mormon last night at the Kennedy Center Opera House. Makes me wish Trey Parker and Matt Stone would do another South Park film. 

Was it a good show?

My wife and I were season ticket holders for the Shakespeare Theater Company in DC when we lived in the area.  We saw lots of really plays (not just Shakespeare).  It's not the last play I saw, but one I really enjoyed was Richard Schiff (of The West Wing) in the Eugene O'Neill play "Hughie."

Unfortunately the last one I saw was a production of the awful musical adaptation of A Christmas Story.  It was terrible.

• 6 years later...