What Is The Last Live Gig That You Saw?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noel Gallagher in Belfast last August was the last I saw I think. 

His Royal Noelness was as amazing as ever though. Think that was Noel gig number 6. 

I often go to concerts, but more local (and free) stuff. Like a big band concert at the Norwegian Academy of Music a few weeks back. Last "big" name concert I attended was John Carpenter's Oslo concert in September, I believe. I considered going to Jean Michel Jarre's ELECTRONICA concert here around the same time, but I've already seen him live 5 times, so I skipped this one. And that's the problem most of the time -- ticket prices have become so prohibitive, it's considerably reduced my concert activity.

(as with Alex, I also suffer from chronic tinnitus -- but I can always bring earplugs for that special "muffled" experience).

I mostly attend orchestral concerts, I don't get out to live bands much anymore.  I don't even remember the last one clearly.  It was one of the following:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Marillion

Dillinger Escape Plan

Same here.  From the time I was 16 to the age of about 25 I was going to several a year.  It's slowly trickling off, and now it's basically non-existent.  I don't have the desire to see bands in concert because I rarely ever listen to rock music anymore.

I would see The Jezabels if they came around, or Porcupine Tree if they regrouped for a tour, but that's about it.

Geez, what a bunch of anoraks! ;)

It's money (or lack thereof) that prevents me from going to more pop/rock/electronica concerts and festivals these days, but I go whenever I can. I would go absolutely nuts if I could only listen to film music all day long -- whether live or on the stereo.

Porcupine Tree live would be so amazing.  I didn't get into them until it was too late!

Recent concerts I've attended include the LSO's all-Williams concert in London last November, and Korngold's Die tote Stadt (staged) and Das Wunder der Heliane (concert performance) right here in Vienna.

Last rock concert was David Gilmour last summer I believe.

Got tickets for Ivan the Terrible and E.T. with live score later this year, and for the annual Hollywood in Vienna concert in autumn. Planning to get a ticket for Strauss' Alpensinfonie conducted by Thielemann in May, and also my annual Rosenkavalier visit. Perhaps Elektra, too.

And I just sang in a choir concert last Saturday, if that counts.

13 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Ummmm....none?

You've never been to a live concert of any kind? Not even JW?

13 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

I mostly attend orchestral concerts, I don't get out to live bands much anymore.  I don't even remember the last one clearly.  It was one of the following:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Marillion

Dillinger Escape Plan

I saw Marillion on the SEASON'S END tour. I saw Fish on the VIAWOM tour. I've not heard of Dillinger Escape Plan, but I'll check them out. Godspeed You! Black Emperor must be intense!

10 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I just sang in a choir concert last Saturday, if that counts.

You're not  in the business, you are the business.

Certainly it counts. What do you sing?

17 hours ago, Richard said:

I've not heard of Dillinger Escape Plan, but I'll check them out. Godspeed You! Black Emperor must be intense!

Word of advice to the uninitiated, Dillinger is absolutely nothing like Marillion or any other of the British-style progressive rock banks.  Based on what I believe to be your musical tastes from just seeing your posts, I doubt that you would enjoy a band like them.  They're insane, very heavy, with screamy-type vocals.

Godspeed is an instrumental band.  If you want a flavor, listen to "Storm".

Bands I've seen live (not necessarily as headliners, some of these were openers for other bands or part of a large festival, etc)

3 Doors Down

A Perfect Circle

Alice in Chains

Audioslave

Barenaked Ladies

Beastie Boys

Black Stone Cherry

blink-182

Buckcherry

Creed

Cypress Hill

Dave Matthews Band

Dawes

Days of the New

Dogfight

Disturbed

The Donnas

Eve 6

Everclear

Fitz and the Tantrums

Garfunkel and Oates

Godsmack

Green Day

Filter

Foster the People

Fuel

Hed Planet Earth

Incubus

Jane's Addiction

Korn

Lacuna Coil

Leaving Eden

Linkin Park

Live

Michael Franti & Spearhead

Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Mudvayne

Mumford & Sons

Muse

Nickelback

No Doubt

Nonpoint

Our Lady Peace

Pink

Powerman 5000

Puff Daddy & The Family

Queens of the Stone Age

Ra

Revis

Rob Zombie

Rusted Root

Sevendust

Shinedown

Socialburn

Staind

Static-X

Stone Temple Pilots

Third Eye Blind

Tenacious D

Tool

Weakened Friends

Weezer

Weird Al

Young the Giant

Bands I reget not seeing (had the opportunity, but then didn't go for whatever reason)

Coheed and Cambria

Dream Theater

Paramore

Porcupine Tree

Out of all the shows I've seen the best ones were definitely Muse, Tool, Tenacious D, Stone Temple Pilots, and Weezer 

Well, if we're talking live gigs we've been to throughout the ages, my list would be very long indeed. Alas, I've probably forgotten half of them.

But I've seen a lot of the "big" ones -- Pink Floyd (and Roger Waters solo), The Rolling Stones, Roger Hodgson of Supertramp (but alas not the rest of the band), Kraftwerk, Prodigy, Rammstein, Jean Michel Jarre (5 times), Manfred Mann's Earthband, Röyksopp (twice), a-ha, Giorgio Moroder, Paul Oakenfold and on and on.

Not to mention a myriad of festival gigs with both smaller and bigger artists.

I really regret not being able to see Oingo Boingo alive, but they never toured outside the US, and they were disbanding just as I was getting into them in '95.

I also hope I'm able to see Alan Parsons live some day.

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Dream Theater

The 3 hour show touring for "Scenes from a Memory" with no headliner was one of the greatest concerts I've ever attended.  First part was the complete new album, then after intermission they did an hour and a half of great songs from the preceding albums, and then after another short break came back out and did an encore of "A Change of Seasons" in full.  Amazing.  Sorry for twisting the knife.

Bands or live acts I've seen:

Journey (with S. Augeri) 

Foreigner 

America 

Chicago 

Genesis (07 reunion tour) 

Paul McCartney 

Bruce Springsteen 

Peter Frampton

Fleetwood Mac

Queens of the Stone Age

OAR (before they got picked up nationally) 

The Clarks 

Halestorm 

Volbeat 

Chevelle 

Evanescence 

Two renowned Pink Floyd cover bands. 

Bands I've regretted not seeing:

AC/DC

The Rolling Stones 

Rush

Jimmy Buffett 

I thought about seeing AC/DC when they were touring for Stiff Upper Lip in 2000/2001 during my senior year of college, but didn't

On 3/12/2017 at 11:03 AM, Jay said:

Wow yea that sounds incredible.  When was that?

I believe it was 2000.  They came out with a live show recording on September 11th, 2001.  This was the original cover, which I actually bought in-store at some point that week.  They had them in boxes instead of on display, and you can see why.  I had to ask if they had it.  Eventually they recalled it and re-released it with a modified cover.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/dreamtheater/images/3/3a/Live_scenes_from_a_memory.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131226093049

Yea the new cover isn't that bad though

Dream theater lsfny.jpg

Yea I didn't get into Dream Theater until 2009 unfortunately