Sign in to follow this  
nightscape94

Your Next Travel Destination

The Myrtle Beach, SC area.  It's quite touristy and wouldn't be my first choice.  We used to go every other year to a town in Florida called St. Augustine that I like a lot.

This is a big "meet-up" vacation with my family from Georgia and people wanted a location that was more convenient to the Virginia people.  We're renting a beach house for 27 people, 8 of whom are age 6 or under.  It's going to be chaos!

In a week, I'll be departing for Schladming, Austria for a short, 5-day alpine vacation. Originally, I've been a member of World Youth Wind Orchestra three consecutive years; the orchestra meets and performs there every year as a part of the annual Mid Europe wind music festival. With its magnificent surroundings and great hiking options, Schladming is easy to fall in love with so I've been returning there pretty much every year.

These two look good. 

Galway city isn’t a bad spot too. It’s a bit different. I’d say stay out of Temple Bar in Dublin. It’s overpriced and tacky. It isn’t Ireland. 

Galway is a lot smaller and a bit more alt. Clare and Galway will get you lots of good trad music and creamy creamy pints. 

Kerry is just a beautiful county. Ring of Kerry is amazing. 

F5398790-15B3-418C-9DDB-36AE387A4718.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Omen II said:

@Bespin Make sure you kiss the Blarney stone, it will give you the gift of the gab.

I think it would give me herpes instead!

Will probably took the 2-day to Cork, and probably want go to Belfast in train, in one day in-and-out.

4 hours ago, Bespin said:

I think it would give me herpes instead!

Will probably took the 2-day to Cork, and probably want go to Belfast in train, in one day in-and-out.

Get an earlyish train to Belfast so you have the full day up there. It’s a really nice but small city. Everything is easy get to. Titanic center is great if you’re into that sort of thing!

Does anyone here have any experience with homestayfinder.com? And if you do, how long did it take your ad to be displayed after submitting it? I'm trying to use this website to find a host family in America, but no matter what I try, the ad just does not appear on either my profile or in search results, even though I get a 'thank you' message. Contacting them is useless as well. Shame because it seems to be the website with the most host families.

Making my annual trip down to Florida in a week. The particular area's been drenched the past few weeks, and localized flooding may be a bugger. Always nice to get some sun and relaxation. Plenty of plans in place, and I'll be taking no shortage of photos of course.

Saved a bit of money by getting some CDs shipped to the States (Lincoln, Rogue Nation, and all the missing Star Wars in my physical collection). I'll be picking them up while I'm visiting tomorrow, and then I will bask in the Florida heat by a pool with a tall glass of lemonade at hand, savoring a break from the online world for however long I can. I'll snap a few photos too. Cheers to all the mates!

On 8/25/2019 at 12:17 PM, Bilbo said:

London in October for Cursed Child

Titanic Hotel in Belfast on the 14th and 15th of April. 

That trip to Belfast is looking increasingly “fun” as the days go by! 

Sterling should be dirt cheap though!