The Matrix Resurrections (Fourth Matrix film)

Giftheck

Do people really care about the Matrix movies after all this time? The first one was "Baby's first philosophy lesson" wrapped up in style and action that can be entertaining but very much the product of its time, the sequels just sucked except for the highway fight.

2 hours ago, Holko said:

Do people really care about the Matrix movies after all this time? The first one was "Baby's first philosophy lesson" wrapped up style and action that can be entertaining but very much the product of its time ...

Lots of people love the first Matrix movie. It's a classic. The sequels get a lot less love.

I don't know if the fans are waiting for the Matrix universe to be milked like Star Wars or Alien though ...

Pretty much my thoughts, too!

Haven't seen any of these things in well over a decade though, who knows how I'd re-assess them now

I was 19, 23, and 24 when each original film came out; I'd probably have quite a different opinion of them now at 38

29 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

The first film hasn’t aged well 

Especially not when compared to what they are making these days, right? :|

The first film will always be entertaining and somewhat atmospheric, even if it has aged a bit in its "fight the power" 90s thing.  The sequels are largely trash.

Davis' first score is one of the best of the century.  I can take or leave the others aside from a few sequences - they are much more generic blockbuster fare.

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

Especially not when compared to what they are making these days, right? :|

The stuff nowadays is trash but for different reasons. 

4 hours ago, TGP said:

The first film will always be entertaining and somewhat atmospheric, even if it has aged a bit in its "fight the power" 90s thing.  The sequels are largely trash.

Davis' first score is one of the best of the century.  I can take or leave the others aside from a few sequences - they are much more generic blockbuster fare.

I found them to be important stepping stones in the electronic/orchestral mash-up that started in the early 00s. Hardly generic!

4 hours ago, TGP said:

I found them to be important stepping stones in the electronic/orchestral mash-up that started in the early 00s. Hardly generic!

• 1 year later...

According to the John Wick 3 director, the Wachowskis are involved with this new Matrix

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/wachowskis-said-working-new-matrix-project/

“I’m super happy that the Wachowskis are not just doing a Matrix, but they’re expanding what we all loved,” he said. “And if it’s anywhere near the level of what they’ve already done, it wouldn’t take more than a call to go, ‘Hey, we want you to be a stunt guy’ and I would probably go and get hit by a car.” Stahelski said he was ‘unsure’ if the pair would direct the Matrix project, but added: “If they wanted help, I would absolutely put down whatever I was doing to help them.”

BTW, I stan the Matrix sequels.  Reloaded especially is great.

I'd have to rewatch them - and will, especially if there's another coming out.  At the time of release, I remember liking Revolutions more than Reloaded, mainly due to the few draggy sequences in Reloaded (dance club, the guy in the room with all the TVs during the climax) and some dodgy CGI in the Agent Smiths Playground scene, but I also recall the car chase to be thrilling and the Neo-flying-to-save-Trinity scene to be very moving. 

It gives me hope that the Wachowskis might be involved.  Even at their most gonzo, I've had a good feel for their stuff (Sense8, the Matrix sequels, Jupiter Ascending), and lovedlovedloved their Speed Racer.  I'd rather see filmmakers take big swings and miss, than to release some sci-fi mediocrity.

Revolutions was boring. Only the last act really picked up, but it seemed to take forever to get there.

I want them to make a movie just about the computer programs.  The humans were the most boring part.  I was really into the idea of these very different kinds of computer programs that gained sentience, and how Smith was a virus, and all that crap.  It was cool.

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

According to the John Wick 3 director, the Wachowskis are involved with this new Matrix

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/wachowskis-said-working-new-matrix-project/

Well, this is #fakenews apparently.  Sorry folks, nothing to see here.

Update: A representative for Chad Stahelski has reached out and let us know that the initial report was inaccurate. His comments were in response to a hypothetical scenario were the Wachowskis would be involved and he did not confirm them being attached to the new film

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-matrix-reboot-wachowskis-chad-stahelski/

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

Details, now!

I was in Paris on a case.

Monica called and asked me to meet her at a certain café. She said she needs to talk to me. When we met at the café, Cooper was there, but I couldn’t see his face. Monica was very pleasant. She had brought friends. We all had a coffee.

And then she said the ancient phrase: "We’re like the dreamer, who dreams and then lives inside the dream."  We are like the dreamer that dreams and then lives inside the dream. I told her I understood. And then she said: "But who is the dreamer?" But who is the dreamer? A very powerful uneasy feeling came over me.

Monica looked past me and indicated to me to look back at something that was happening there. I turned and looked. I saw myself. I saw myself from long ago in the old Philadelphia offices. Listening to Cooper telling me he was worried about a dream. And that was the day Philips Jeffries appeared and didn’t appear.  And while Jeffries was apparently there, he raised his arm and pointed at Cooper and asked me, "Who do you think that is there?"

DAMN! I hadn’t remembered that. Now, this is really something interesting to think about.

I don’t remember watching them at all. Of course the older I get, the more that happens with movies I’ve seen in the past.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:51 PM, Ghostbusters II said:

Now that the Wachowskis are both woke women, they can make a Matrix reboot with stronger female leads.

Are they really though? They've still got their Y chromosome.

• 1 month later...