The Matrix Resurrections (Fourth Matrix film)

Giftheck

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

My mum has smoked roll ups for over 45 years! She's not a hipster. Its just cheaper 

Not in Notting Hill, it isn't!

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

Mumford & Sons were great at first. Then they changed their style/formula and it all went a bit shit. They found a lucrative niche and they binned it! 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Totally and completely 100% agreed.

Hipster music at its worst. It has nothing to say, and it has no idea how to say it.

It's the same with that "one day like this a year'll see me right" band, whatever they're called.

Those big hits they did, they were modern folk anthems. There was an almost tribal power to them, such was their stirring warmth. Music for togetherness. Sure they were a fad, they came along at the right place at the right time, but that is the very definition of pop music. Real hipsters give pop a wide berth, Mumford & Sons included.

Well, Crimson is still touring, as a 7-piece band, and just released a very nifty box set.

The Dan has no plans to record again, but they do tour, occasionally, so never say never.

6 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Those big hits they did, they were modern folk anthems. There was an almost tribal power to them, such was their stirring warmth. Music for togetherness. Sure they were a fad, they came along at the right place at the right time, but that is the very definition of pop music. Real hipsters give pop a wide berth, Mumford & Sons included.

So, because I don't like Mumford And Sons does that make me a real hipster? What does a real hipster listen to? True, I don't think that many true hipsters like to sit in the dark, listening to THE MUSICAL BOX (in dts 5.1, thank you kindly), but you never know...

I dunno anything about hipster trends or whatever, or how M&S's music fits into pop trends because I don't listen to any modern pop channels... all I know is their first album was fantastic and different and like Quint said, came out at the right time.  Then their second album had a couple OK singles but was shit otherwise, and they kind of half-dropped their folky side; Then they came out their third album which was complete and utter shit, and they completely dropped all aspects of their folk side and sounded like any other crappy band on the radio these days.  Such a quick downfall!

17 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

Every band has a specific amount of things to say.  Some of less to say than others.  In certain cases, they have one quick expression in them at that's it.

Woah.  That's a great analysis.

16 hours ago, Quintus said:

Ah, The Matrix's equivalents of the archaic computer screens seen in Alien; technology of the time once again the achilles heel of any application for true cinematic 'timelessness'.

14 hours ago, Richard said:

It's the same with that "one day like this a year'll see me right" band, whatever they're called.

Hey, I like Elbow!

18 hours ago, Jay said:

I dunno anything about hipster trends or whatever, or how M&S's music fits into pop trends because I don't listen to any modern pop channels... all I know is their first album was fantastic and different and like Quint said, came out at the right time.  Then their second album had a couple OK singles but was shit otherwise, and they kind of half-dropped their folky side; Then they came out their third album which was complete and utter shit, and they completely dropped all aspects of their folk side and sounded like any other crappy band on the radio these days.  Such a quick downfall!

I thought Wilder Mind was a fine album. I always assumed they dropped the banjo because of the  overwhelming negativity towards Babel, but it's clear that it is Marcus' preferred sound if you listen to his work on The New Basement Tapes. Great artist, as far as I'm concerned. Wish the band got to venture into a more natural evolution and did more songs like the one they wrote for Wuthering Heights. 

I'll pay them attention again if they do another album like their first one, otherwise their music is not for me any more.

And I saw them in concert on the cusp of their second album coming out, and it was a great show!  But the singles I had from that third album man, totally terrible

15 hours ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

Hey, I like Elbow!

Have you heard Magnificent (She Says) yet? As always it has nice production, especially in the strings. 

On 3/17/2017 at 11:41 AM, Jay said:

I'll pay them attention again if they do another album like their first one, otherwise their music is not for me any more.

And I saw them in concert on the cusp of their second album coming out, and it was a great show!  But the singles I had from that third album man, totally terrible

Sorry but I don't get how a band can go from great to totally terrible almost instantly. Anyway, here's his interpretation of "Kansas City," you might like it. 

On 17/03/2017 at 9:18 AM, crocodile said:

No Don Davis = No The Matrix.

Karol

If the Wachowskis had involved themselves they'd probably go for Giacchino if Don Davis ruled out coming out of retirement. But without them, I bet the studio uses Hans Zimmer or one of his factory-built underlings.

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I don't think Don Davis necessarily enjoys his retirement.

Karol

He did do that one film last year.

On 3/18/2017 at 5:22 PM, Koray Savas said:

Sorry but I don't get how a band can go from great to totally terrible almost instantly. 

What? It happens all the time! 

The 2nd and 3rd films flopped because they tried to expand the universe, instead of exploring the concept.

The Animatrix gave us a glimpse of the breadth and richness available within the Matrix concept, but it was seen as a little experimental sideshow.

Now, I lament the lack of original ideas and concepts in screen entertainment at the moment, but if they create films or a series that explore the many dimensions and dramas of awakening from the Matrix - the catch-all fulcrum which the whole universe thrives on - I think they can do well. And with Don Davis. I love Giacchino, but he won't carry the sound like Davis can.

18 hours ago, Miz said:

The 2nd and 3rd films flopped because they tried to expand the universe, instead of exploring the concept.

And they tried to make up for it by cramming a bunch of conceptual mumbo jumbo in that 5 minute Architect scene.

The second one did very, very well domestically, and the third one "only" did 140 million domestically, which is less than production budget.  They made huge profit worldwide, though.  So I'd say that neither flopped, but the third one "disappointed."

• 2 weeks later...

Companies don't care if a film is a critical flop, they only care if you refuse to show them the money. Transformers films have been fairly shit for years but they still keep making them because they still keep making money off of them.

• 11 months later...

Looks like whatever comes next is going to be a revival rather than a reboot. They're looking to create an 'expanded universe'.

Source

So, expect a bajillion films, games, action figures, books and comics.

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

Well, considering what we learned in Revolutions, a “reboot” could still be in-universe too 

Yeah, it's the one franchise where the term seems most apt.

More Matrix films! That's definitely what everyone was clamouring for. Hopefully if it happens the first one is a financial disaster and that ends it. 

58 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

More Matrix films! That's definitely what everyone was clamouring for. Hopefully if it happens the first one is a financial disaster and that ends it. 

It's odd that they waited so long. After all, it's a franchisable as Star Wars or Alien.