What is the earliest Williams score performed in concert?

Thor

I must admit my knowledge of Williams' concert output is rather scattered. But I was thinking about this lately -- what is the earliest score performed in a live setting?

With Williams as conductor, I assume it's THE REIVERS (1969). I cannot remember having seen anything earlier performed by him. Perhaps some of the early concert works?

WithOUT him as conductor, I'm guessing the earliest is the LOST IN SPACE theme. Again, not counting possible concert work performances.

And a related question -- what is the Williams film or TV score NOT performed in concert that you'd love to see get the suite treatment by Williams himself?

Now THAT's a concert, even if HEIDI is the only one beating THE REIVERS in terms of timeframe. The page says Don Innes as the conductor, or perhaps that's just for the opening fanfare. Do you know which ones Williams conducted?

With Jack Everly rather than Williams conducting, but the Baltimore Symphony performed the theme from 'The Bachelor Father' on their Tribute to John Williams program in 2015.

A few other oddities I remember: Gloria from Monsignor, and chorus was added to the Superman March and Star Wars main title. That sounded about as ridiculous as you’d expect!

11 minutes ago, BrotherSound said:

With Jack Everly rather than Williams conducting, but the Baltimore Symphony performed the theme from 'The Bachelor Father' on their Tribute to John Williams program in 2015.

Ooh, that even outdates LOST IN SPACE. Could there possibly be a video or audio file online?

1 hour ago, TownerFan said:

Back in 1976, he made an appearance as guest conductor at the "Filmharmonic" series in London at the Royal Albert Hall and performed quite a few things from his earliest days (albeit back then they were recent!)

film76_07.jpg

Thank you very much for posting this. I remember watching highlights of this on ITV. This brings back so many good memories.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Now THAT's a concert, even if HEIDI is the only one beating THE REIVERS in terms of timeframe. The page says Don Innes as the conductor, or perhaps that's just for the opening fanfare. Do you know which ones Williams conducted?

I believe that JW conducted all of his featured cues.

19 minutes ago, Thor said:

Ooh, that even outdates LOST IN SPACE. Could there possibly be a video or audio file online?

Thor, I think you mean "predates" :D

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Fitzwilly also dates earlier (1967).

I think it was Williams who conducted all of his selections. He then returned in 1980 to what was (I guess) the final "Filmharmonic" concert where he conducted selections from JAws 2 and Dracula among other favorites:

film80_02.jpg