Most wanted Jerry Goldsmith Deluxe Treatment by Varese Sarabande?

Brundlefly

Oh, I missed the "three choices" bit you typed in, nevermind

My three would be Air Force One, Small Soldiers, and The Mummy

4 hours ago, Jay said:

My three would be Air Force One, Small Soldiers, and The Mummy

The Mummy would be my number 1, if this poll wasn't limited to Varese titles. Nevermind, I'm quite confident Air Force One and The Mummy could be released this year.

4 hours ago, publicist said:

btw, 'Hollow Man' is a great album in current form.

The OST is really rather satisfying, but there are still great moments missing (Sebastian, occuring in front of the black woman with the rope, ready to kill her = pure Goldsmith brass power:wub:).

11 hours ago, publicist said:

You fucked up badly.

Oh, wow, another golden nugget from Pube (!).

Its been a long time since anyone said "no", to you, hasn't it.  Either that, or your balls must be huge.

So, the guy made an innocent mistake; is that any reason to jump down his throat, like that?

I can't wait to watch you "f**k up", because JWfan is going to be all over you, like a rash, and I'm going to be there, laughing.

Take your pathetic, sophomoric vitriol someplace else, and leave the subject of film music discussion to the grown-ups.

To clarify some points:

Fierce Creatures - the album is complete

Timeline - the complete score is 74 minutes - 27 minutes of unreleased music

Looney Tunes - the complete score is 67 minutes, some of which is by John Debney

Lionheart - has been released in its entirety across two volumes, but is in need of remastering and a totally comprehensive release.  I believe the complete score will fit on a single disc.

I'd like to see Air Force One and Small Soldiers expanded, perhaps The Mummy and the (underrated) Hollow Man too.

2 hours ago, Jim Ware said:

Lionheart - has been released in its entirety across two volumes, but is in need of remastering and a totally comprehensive release.  I believe the complete score will fit on a single disc.

I'd like to see Air Force One and Small Soldiers expanded, perhaps The Mummy and the (underrated) Hollow Man too.

I also thought Lionheart would be complete, but then I read on Filmtracks that the entire score has a running time of around 90 minutes. Who is right now?

Air Force One, Small Soldiers, The Mummy and Hollow Man are all among his longest scores: More than three hours are missing in total.

10 hours ago, Sharky said:

Chinatown. That's all.

Ahem.

In which case your wish has come true unless you specifically wanted Varese to release it.

3 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

I also thought Lionheart would be complete, but then I read on Filmtracks that the entire score has a running time of around 90 minutes. Who is right now?

Aside from some very short source cues, the two volumes are complete and contain more music than the (terrible) film.

10 hours ago, Richard said:

Oh, wow, another golden nugget from Pube (!).

Its been a long time since anyone said "no", to you, hasn't it.  Either that, or your balls must be huge.

So, the guy made an innocent mistake; is that any reason to jump down his throat, like that?

I can't wait to watch you "f**k up", because JWfan is going to be all over you, like a rash, and I'm going to be there, laughing.

Take your pathetic, sophomoric vitriol someplace else, and leave the subject of film music discussion to the grown-ups.

Are you so thick that you don't even get that bit of irony?

13 hours ago, Jim Ware said:

To clarify some points:

Fierce Creatures - the album is complete

More than complete, no? Isn't there music on the album that wasn't even written for the film? At least I remember reading that in a late 90s FSM magazine.

The Japanese single disc release runs 77 minutes and is missing a couple of tracks from the two separate volumes.

I'll take the former two, since they're still two gaps in my Goldsmith collection. But I'd be happy with the other two as well, as they're my two favourites from Goldsmith's last period.

Hollow Man and Medicine Man have several and the Mummy has tons of great unreleased cues.

The OSTs of The Haunting, U.S. Marshals and especially Small Soldiers and Air Force One are just shit, that's why I want a release that really represents the score.

Mulan has also a flawed OST, but it's not Varese but Disney.

As far as i'm concerned 'The Mummy' only has one worthwile cue left which is the sandstorm scene. Goldsmith being Goldsmith left that off the official release for several more boring (or repetitive) ones.

13 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

More than complete, no? Isn't there music on the album that wasn't even written for the film? At least I remember reading that in a late 90s FSM magazine.

Indeed it is - Goldsmith filled out the album with some additional material.

13 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

The Japanese single disc release runs 77 minutes and is missing a couple of tracks from the two separate volumes.

I think it's only missing the unused cue The Future, which is around two minutes.  A tight squeeze nonetheless.

4 hours ago, publicist said:

As far as i'm concerned 'The Mummy' only has one worthwile cue left which is the sandstorm scene. Goldsmith being Goldsmith left that off the official release for several more boring (or repetitive) ones.

What's about the third quarter of the film, whose music is completely left off the album (=the big gap between "Discoveries" and "My Favourite Plague")

4 hours ago, Jim Ware said:

I think it's only missing the unused cue The Future, which is around two minutes.  A tight squeeze nonetheless.

Is there a complete cue list?

On 18/02/2005 at 2:33 AM, John Takis said:

The complete score to Lionheart CAN be fit on an 80-minute CD. Unfortunately, it's never been issued that way.

From Varese:

Vol. 1 = The original release: only a part of the score

Vol. 2 = The rest of the score, plus a duplicated section from the End Credits spliced onto "The Future"

The Epic Symphonic Score = All of Vol. 1 + most of Vol. 2 -- a few tracks are missing

These were all issued on CD, but I believe they're out-of-print. None of the above are in chronological order. There's also an obscure Japanese release that has everything except "The Future", and IS in chronological order -- but I wouldn't know where to tell you to get it.

My advice? Get Vol. 1 + 2, or E.S.S. + Vol. 2, and edit your own version. Here's the proper track-list:

1. The Ceremony

2. The Castle

3. Bring Him Back

4. Failed Knight

5. The Circus

6. Robert and Blanche

7. The Future (minus duplicated End Credits material)

8. Children In Bondage

9. Gates Of Paris

10. Paris Underground

11. The Road From Paris

12. The Banner

13. The Dress

14. Mathilda

15. The Plauge

16. Forest Hunt

17. The Lake

18. The Wrong Flag

19. Final Fight

20. King Richard (includes the End Credits)

34 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

What's about the third quarter of the film, whose music is completely left off the album (=the big gap between "Discoveries" and "My Favourite Plague")

Nothing i need on disc. Lots of repetitions. This is a perfect 55-60 minute score.

20 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

Where are the clean tracks from the complete AFO from?

I don't really understand your question.  Are you asking what path the files took from recording studio to whatever bootlegger spread it?  

20 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

And why is there such a big difference of quality among the unreleased tracks?

You're asking why something illegally leaked doesn't sound perfect?  Really?

I don't think anyone knows the exact path the AF1 leak took from the internal people who were supposed to have it and the masses who aren't, but nobody really knows that for any bootleg.

A general answer is:  Someone who worked on the film had the music, he gave a copy to a friend, who gave a copy to a friend......

As for quality, in the early days copies would be of less quality than the original due to the nature of analog copying (a cassette dub of a cassette of a... etc).  In the digital age, the reason could be that someone may have started with WAVs, but chose do make into low quality mp3s (or whatever format) before giving to a friend, etc.

Hope that answers your questions.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Williams, Goldsmith, Horner, Zimmer!

No, he said something of "Goldsmith's Big Four".

And by the way, the big four of composers would be Williams, Goldsmith, Herrmann and Morricone.

On 3/21/2017 at 5:19 PM, publicist said:

Nothing i need on disc. Lots of repetitions. This is a perfect 55-60 minute score.

I largely agree for that specific section. A lot of fairly unremarkable underscore in that bit.

I focus on the unreleased bits of the final sequence - sand storm, sinking plane and escaping the tomb.

However, as the region 1 DVD has a perfect sounding isolated score (with no volume changes), I really can't say I'm clamouring for an official release.

(That's as long as you don't omit the centre channel when editing it when I accidentally did the first time...)

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Williams, Goldsmith, Herrmann, E. Bernstein!

No... 

The other night I dreamt a nice continental drift divide, Mount St Eidelade, LEONARD BERNSTEIN! 

1 hour ago, I Need About Tree Fiddy said:

No... 

The other night I dreamt a nice continental drift divide, Mount St Eidelade, LEONARD BERNSTEIN! 

I realize this is an REM reference (great song) but Leonard Bernstein really is one of my favorite composers to have ever lived.  Unfortunately, brilliant as it is, On the Waterfront is the only original score he ever composed, so it'd be a little silly to include him on my "Mt. Rushmore" of film composers.