JW Olympic Question

Lacoq

I was cruising YouTube just now and came across a post by a Yilmaz Ayten titled "Alternate NBC Olympic Theme", (used by NBC for 2012 Olympic Games). Time of video is 2:57. (Sorry I don't know how to link it). 
Anyway it is definitely one of the well known Williams themes. I love the arrangement, never heard this version of it, and I'm wondering if this is indeed a John Williams arrangement, or was it arranged by someone else? Anyone?

To link a video, the forum's interface allows you to just copy and paste the URL and it will do the hard work embedding it for ya! And, I agree, it is indeed a great arrangement. This particular one was discussed briefly in this thread. Nothing conclusive was reached, as far as I can tell. Welcome to the forums, Lacoq. 

20 hours ago, Lacoq said:

Anyway it is definitely one of the well known Williams themes. I love the arrangement, never heard this version of it, and I'm wondering if this is indeed a John Williams arrangement, or was it arranged by someone else? Anyone?

It was first heard by JWFans during the 2004 Athens Summer Olympics, on the special NBC channel that was set up just to show Olympic basketball during those two weeks. 

Obviously since it's a variation of "Summon the Heroes" it had to have been written between 1996 and 2004. 

Anyway, we've never gotten official confirmation that it's Williams as far as I know, but everyone assumes it is him. It totally sounds like it's by JW and we have absolutely no reason to believe it's not. 

• 10 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:11 PM, Cerebral Cortex said:

To link a video, the forum's interface allows you to just copy and paste the URL and it will do the hard work embedding it for ya! And, I agree, it is indeed a great arrangement. This particular one was discussed briefly in this thread. Nothing conclusive was reached, as far as I can tell. Welcome to the forums, Lacoq. 

Wow!  How come I've never heard this before?  It sounds a bit like The Patriot, only bigger.  Like Mel Gibson taking on the entire British Army alone, and tearing them to shreds.

I've found my official pre-exam fanfare.