What's your favourite John Williams SONG?

Thor

9 minutes ago, Holko said:

On a quick look through I immediately saw Double Trouble and Christmas at Hogwarts are here (not sure why the latter is borderline), but Hogwarts Forever and Winter's Spell are not.

"Hogwarts Forever" seems only to have a brief choral wordless bit in an otherwise instrumental track. Or am I missing another version? "Winter's Spell" added!

3 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

In the "The Legend of John Williams" box song CD there are two more not mentioned here:

• Come Tuesday
  • Love's the Only Game in Town

Both composed together with Alan and Marilyn Bergman.

Thanks! "Come Tuesday" is a fresh acquaintance to most of us, don't know how I forgot "Love's The Only Game in Town" first time around. Added.

56 minutes ago, Thor said:

"Hogwarts Forever" seems only to have a brief choral wordless bit in an otherwise instrumental track. Or am I missing another version?

Oops, yeah, I meant this bit that premiered on the LLL expansion and as far as I can remember we don't know exactly where it was intended to be used:

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I've added the HOOK songs from the new release that weren't on the list. But there is apparently one song remaining, "Nothing's Impossible" that was not on the new set?

There is no such Hook song by that name.  Every song written for Hook that got recorded is on the Ultimate Edition release.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

"Hogwarts Forever" seems only to have a brief choral wordless bit in an otherwise instrumental track. Or am I missing another version?

You're missing a proper song written by John Williams (music AND lyrics) due to your staunch refusal to listen to expanded score releases.

It is a song nobody knew existed until Mike found it in WB's vault, and included it in the 2018 expanded release that was approved by John Williams.

OK, thanks. I'll remove "Nothing's Impossible" and add "Hogwarts Forever".

I've also put "Christmas at Hogwarts" into the film list (and no 'borderline') due to popular demand.

He also wrote the music and lyrics for "Cast A Christmas Spell" for the same film

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

He also wrote the music and lyrics for "Cast A Christmas Spell" for the same film

Also added! 

By the way, what's the year for "Come Tuesday"?

But it was partially released on the OST in "Christmas at Hogwarts", so that can be removed and Cast a Christmas Spell can be kept.

8 minutes ago, Thor said:

By the way, what's the year for "Come Tuesday"?

It was the first song he ever wrote with the Bergmans, so before any other with them. The recording in the 20CD box set is from 2023 though

OK. Sadly, I do not own the box, but maybe those who do can check the liner notes for a possible composition date?

I've also added a few YouTube links to the songs where there wasn't any before. I could find no YouTube videos for the HOOK songs. Please let me know if you find YouTube videos of the remaining "un-linked" songs.

Also speaking of chronology, I dunno if you want to factor this in or not, but the melody of Mothers was written in the 80s while working on the Spielberg Peter Pan musical movie that never happened with the Bergmans. When the song was brought into the Hook project, Leslie came up with his own lyrics for the melody.

8 hours ago, Thor said:

Thanks! "Come Tuesday" is a fresh acquaintance to most of us, don't know how I forgot "Love's The Only Game in Town" first time around. Added.

On March 22 2017, I wrote (post on the first page):

Songs you might add:

I'm Tired and Hold You from The Fury

Love Is The New Game In Town from Pete N' Tillie

Christmas Star and Merry Christmas from Home Alone 2

Two Lovers from How To Steal A Million

Somehow it was decided then that the song in question was not a Williams-song, although I pointed out that it was completely based on Williams’ theme for Pete N’ Tillie. 

7 hours ago, Jay said:

Also speaking of chronology, I dunno if you want to factor this in or not, but the melody of Mothers was written in the 80s while working on the Spielberg Peter Pan musical movie that never happened with the Bergmans. When the song was brought into the Hook project, Leslie came up with his own lyrics for the melody.

Huh so that came before Home Alone.  (Still greatly prefer Somewhere though)

Right? It always sounded to me like a Home Alone leftover, so to learn it pre-dated Home Alone was fascinating.

You can hear Mike tell the Mothers story in more detail here:

https://thelegacyofjohnwilliams.com/2023/12/27/hook-podcast-special/