mstrox

the mstrox thread

Mine would be Grabowsky, the retired master secret agent.

250px-Grabowski_a_Macskafog%C3%B3ban.jpg

Or maybe Lazy Dick, the trumpeteer policeman who charms a band of vampire bats with his playing:

250px-Lusta_Dick.JPG

It's like Le Mans, everything else is just waiting.

I had a weekend, but I don't really remember much besides mowing the lawn

Oh, and here in the university library, a little mouse just scurried away four feet in front of me

stream of conciousness

i started doing it last summer and its really excellent.  it works with my schedule - i put my kid to bed, i put my spouse to bed, i do any housework i need to do (dishes, ironing, etc) and then i go out and run in the nicest weather of the day.  summertime!!

another week of trainings, a full day today and a full day thirsday.  id hate to leave the mstrox unattended.  i have the only key, and im not sure i trust anyone to man the fort.  maybe ill just try to pop my head in once a day anyway

A "not bad" day until I received a text from a good friend that I've known for almost twenty years: he has just had an operation to remove a cancer growth, it might spread, and he's now got both a stoma, and a catheter. He's 44 years old. I know.

im sorry to hear that - (what im assuming is) colorectal cancer is no joke, i lost a grandparent to it.  often treatable if its caught early, but its symptoms mirror other stuff so much that it is often not caught.  sending hopeful thoughts from mstrox!

On 7/9/2019 at 5:48 PM, Richard said:

A "not bad" day until I received a text from a good friend that I've known for almost twenty years: he has just had an operation to remove a cancer growth, it might spread, and he's now got both a stoma, and a catheter. He's 44 years old. I know.

On 7/9/2019 at 10:26 PM, mstrox said:

im sorry to hear that - (what im assuming is) colorectal cancer is no joke, i lost a grandparent to it.  often treatable if its caught early, but its symptoms mirror other stuff so much that it is often not caught.  sending hopeful thoughts from mstrox!

I guess I "win" then: both of my better half's parents have got incurable cancer. They do everything they can to keep it at bay, but it's getting more and more challenging. #thereisnogodorgodiseveilorgodhasnocontrol

yes, nobody forget that everything is about one person - the one and only -  thats right its me!!

running plan derailed by a knee injury (not even a running knee injury - stepped off of a step wrong while walking back from lunch on friday).  giving it some rest, or as much rest as i can with a toddler and 2.5 lawns to mow and an outdoors campin vacation from wednesday to saturday this week.  hopefully can get back into running shape soon.  pain is gone, but swelling/tightness exist.  may take some nsaids and try a run tonight.

well i did the four mile run last night, and had no pain during, and similar or improved symptoms this morning.  score one for ignoring a problem!  hot crabs

end of an extended 10-day week one of my half marathon program.  three 3-mile runs, one 4-mile run, three days of cross-training (1 bike, 1 lawn mowing, 1 long walk) and 3 rest days.  stretched the week at first by two days to land my "long run" on sundays, and then by another day because of my knee pain.  will skip a cross-training day this week and then will hopefully be back on track.

6 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I just impulse ordered this t-shirt and thought no one would appreciate it more than @mstrox

A3367D5E-70A0-49F2-88F6-F34896D0988C.jpeg

youre right!!!

off the grid on the ol mstrox - was camping without cell phone service.  im back now babby