mstrox

the mstrox thread

5 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

What do you do when you're out of school, Steve?

I commute.  And I work on my assignments, for school and work.  

Anyway, I live a good distance from campus, in a quiet area, so my social life is lacking for the most part.  I'm actually really grateful for JWFan.  It is an outlet that I really need, I think.

22 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I’ve had a shitty couple of days with anxiety so I’m just looking forward to a couple of days relaxing at home. Might take my camera for a walk. 

Sounds good.  Hope you feel better!

I've been taking some pictures with my old phone camera lately.  I try to pay attention a bit to composition and reflection of mood to compensate for the poorer quality.

20181023_162613.jpg

20181023_165144 (1).jpg

I bought a bait of Cadbury Golden Crisp and a delicious hot chocolate. I have a magazine about the Titanic to read and I’ll possibly put on some James Horner as I read. No work until Tuesday... things don’t seem so bad now 😊

21 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

I commute.  And I work on my assignments, for school and work.  

Anyway, I live a good distance from campus, in a quiet area, so my social life is lacking for the most part.  I'm actually really grateful for JWFan.  It is an outlet that I really need, I think.

Any chance you could start work on a film project? It's always nice to involve yourself in something you actively wish to achieve in, and some of your team might make good friends!

I have a director who I worked with, where we get together for dinner and keep each other in the loop on our lives!

my cousin is a virginia tech alumnus/season ticket holder/tailgater, and just got married atop the campus chapel.  pretty windy and cold, but it was a nice campus and ceremony 

user uber for the first time last night, too. very fancy, ooohlala

jusy got home to pa and my kid and all is right with the world afain

A month ago I helped a neighbour set up her brand new, shiny Windows laptop. Beautiful machine. As I sat there playing with Windows 10 for a while, I felt a pang of jealousy.  Windows 10 is incredibly slick, attractive and has a bunch of cool features.  And my Macbook Pro suddenly felt boring for second.  OS X seemed old.

But only for a second.Three days later, her new laptop froze during a Windows update and an important Excel file she was working on got corrupted. A week later, the thing was still getting hung up with updates. A month later, it's already started to slow down.

Never again Microsoft. Never again!

Windows 10 slick? It’s bloated and unnecessarily confusing. Windows 7 probably had the best feel to it but they went crazy with Windows 8 and still haven’t really recovered from it. 

43 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I think the interface is nice, but under the hood it's still the same old Windows.  It's just a crappy OS that requires way too much user attention to keep running smoothly.

I don’t like the tile thing 

4 hours ago, Richard said:

So.. I've been out of it, for a little while. Not meaning to take over Mike's thread (I'd never want to do that), but I thought I'd offer JWfan an update on the whole job thing.

its not my thread - its our thread!!

good luck on the move - a stressful time for anyone.  if destiny is taking u there, destiny will provide

did everyone have a weekend?

Best wishes @Richard!

I read pretty much all weekend, watched a few movies, spoke a sentence or two on Discord, did not sleep enough.  Now, it is back in the saddle.  

Miss my sunglasses.  They provided shade for my eyes and compensated for my timidness. 

That was random.