Sign in to follow this  
Baby Jane Hudson

Anyone else love jeans?

Recently I've developed a mild enthusiasm an unhealthy obsession with jeans. I've worn jeans all my life, but I can't explain this recent denim fetish, especially if it's from Levi Strauss.

Yesterday I bought a mid blue pair and black pair of 501s to add to my collection including two blue 503 bootcuts, a black straight cut 514 and a blue 527 bootcut with a leather patch!

I hope to acquire more and fill up several drawers with these beauties.

I also find it funny with the 501s, women get confused when they have to unbutton you when they're undoing your trousers. They expect a zipper!

Any preferred brand? What jeans does JWfan wear? What jeans does John Williams wear?

Sure! 

Jean Arthur was great in old Hollywood films. Jean Smart is a wonderful current character actress.  Jean Craighead George wrote some of my favorite childrens novels I loved when I was a kid.

Lots of great Jeans!

Blue Jeans, slim fit. All week long, except in summer when it's too hot.

I already had guys with button jeans to unbutton... souvenirs... souvenirs...

Are jeans a gay thing? I've been wearing them since I was 12. I wouldn't want anyone to think....not that there's anything wrong with it, of course.

I'm kind of sensitive to clothes. Recently I've only been wearing slim fit chinos, anything else makes me feel uncomfortable. I sometimes wear the same pair of pants for 2 weeks just because I don't feel like wearing anything else.

It really has to be a special kind of slim fit. Almost a skinny fit, but not quite as tight.

When I think about this shit, it makes me feel mentally ill, to be honest.

I also like Lee jeans. Wrangler are naff, and I can't even afford to look at a pair of 501s.

Who used to shrink their jeans in the bath?

Does anyone remember Pepe jeans?

Any fans of dungarees, here?

26 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Please!

Coming up!

2 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

.....Jeans mini skirt is a classic.

Grab 'em by the Denim?

5 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Hey Drax, when you meet up with a girl, you don't go on about Trump, jeans and leather jackets for the duration of the date do you?

No, I talk about corded telephones, CRT TVs, erectile dysfunction, and the 1988 War of the Worlds TV series.

I wear Levi's 507 Slim Bootcut Jeans, which Levi's stopped producing a decade or so ago. In fact, I have one of my last remaining relatively unworn pairs at the tailor's right now.

Drax, have you ever done 501s the right way, meaning the shrink-to-fit?

28 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Oh man, those are 501s!

These look like early nineties style though. Norma wears a pair similar at one point in Twin Peaks. On a woman I prefer a cut closer to the hips. 

14 minutes ago, Selina Kyle said:

I miss that high-waisted fit. However, a lot of women are bringing it back these days.

I've noticed, and it can be quite nice. Under 25s only though. 

Shrink-to-fit aren't made right these days, anyway. They're way too big of a fit. They're supposed to achieve more of a classic fitted Steve McQueen type of look, but they fit like shit and fade horribly. I believe that Levi's has increased the sizing to accommodate the increasingly obese population. Weirdly, they just introduced 501 skinny jeans. Historically, they were fairly skinny.

Having followed Godzilla's obsession on Facebook, I have to say the quality of LEVI's has gone downhill.

I find Wrangler, Lee and even Sams Club brand last longer than Levi. Their quality is nowhere where it is was 10-15 years ago. They tear easily and if you're like me and wear a belt, the loops will end up ripping out of their seams. Plus they are over priced in my opinion.

I love jeans and wear them quite a bit, even as dress attire. A nice pair of jeans go good with a jacket and tie. 

I'm still wearing the same Levi's 507 Slim Bootcut jeans from 10 years ago. Amazing quality. They still look the same way they did when they were new. It was all downhill after they discontinued those.

Although I wear blue jeans for general casual wear, I find the black ones ideal for business attire because the pockets are tighter than traditional slacks, which have loose pockets and my phone, wallet and keys keep falling out when I'm commuting to and from work.