Williams interview on KUSC 91.5 with Jim Svejda

Thanks for the info!

I suspect the programme will become available eventually. Thomas Newman seems to have been on the show mid-February and his interview podcast became available at the start of March. So hopefully the Williams one will be posted on their site soon enough.

If anyone was able to record this, please speak up!

Or hopefully KUSC makes it available on their servers!

1 hour ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Check for mentions of VIII.  A Jedi Council Board member recently overheard a radio program where he heard that Williams "absolutely loves" what he's seen of TLJ so far.

what else is he gonna say?

They discussed the three Spielberg albums, not sure if they also discussed other topics.

Thanks for the write-up, Jay. Old stories or not, I'm keen to hear it. So no mentions of the ones they left out (A.I., TLW and WAR)?

No mention at all.  Hook is never mentioned either until the host mentions almost at the end that they didn't play anything from it, and they don't mention any of the other Indy films or Sugarland Express or Always either

And its just the interview, without the music clips.  Convenient!

EDIT: Oh, no.  It's not what aired, its been modified.  On the radio, the music played in between them talking.  Here it seems they mixed music under their conversation, at least for the Jaws discussion.

Yea, I know right?  Would be cool if one of his kids became a huge JW fan and decided to make a doc soon or something

What a fantastic interview, lots of great nuggets in there. Just hearing him refer to The Last Jedi by name was nice, complete with a shout-out to his favourite, Daisy! ;)

One comment that caught my attention was "I'm now beginning to remember [Amistad] very well." Wonder if that's a clue that he's in the midst of supervising an expanded release of Amistad? He made a similar comment about recently re-watching Jurassic Park (presumably for that expansion?) and also revisiting the ending of Munich for some reason.

19 minutes ago, crumbs said:

One comment that caught my attention was "I'm now beginning to remember [Amistad] very well." Wonder if that's a clue that he's in the midst of supervising an expanded release of Amistad?

Cool!  Sounds very likely now.  I recall Amistad having some intriguing unreleased cues.  It could also be improved a bit by a remaster. 

12 hours ago, crumbs said:

One comment that caught my attention was "I'm now beginning to remember [Amistad] very well." Wonder if that's a clue that he's in the midst of supervising an expanded release of Amistad? He made a similar comment about recently re-watching Jurassic Park (presumably for that expansion?) and also revisiting the ending of Munich for some reason.

Oooh interesting, I didn't think of that!

On 2017-04-07 at 10:43 AM, Jay said:

OK, I've heard this now!

There isn't TOO many new anecdotes (the "but they're all dead!" story is indeed told again)

Hm, I was hoping for some unreleased anecdotes

12 hours ago, bgorst said:

We also find out that he has a love for horses!

Horses and trees. No wonder he's done so many western scores! :)

On 4/12/2017 at 1:34 PM, bgorst said:

We also find out that he has a love for horses!

Seriously? Cool.