• Michael Giacchino
    • Alexandre Desplat
    • John Powell
    • Bear McCreary
    • Marco Beltrami
    • Dario Marianelli
    • Other (Specify)

1 minute ago, Incanus said:

While Michael Lonsdale is quite a good actor I find it funny how he always seems to play the same character with the same sleepy intonation. Moonraker, Ronin, Name of the Rose, Munich.:P

And I don't particularly disapprove Bond but am getting a tad fatigued by the franchise. Just like I get tired of the umpteenth superhero movie or TV series they are cranking out these days.

Inky, you forgot THE DAY OF THE JACKAL, and THE REMAINS OF THE DAY. :lol:

To be fair to M. Lonsdale, it's those kind of "world weary" roles, that he seems to excel in. I don't mind it. As for "the umpteenth superhero movie";  I'd better keep my mouth firmly shut about that, otherwise the entire internet would not be able to contain the veritable Niagara of vitriol that word appear on computer screens.

36 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

You and I are done professionally!

Bit of a random choice but how about Edward Shearmur. I've always liked Johnny English. It's a highly accomplished parody effort and it could be argued that it's a lot better than some James Bond scores (Eric Serra, I'm looking at you). He was actually an assistant to Michael Kamen on Licence to Kill as well.

• 2 years later...

If Arnold's around I don't know why you wouldn't just get Arnold.

Giacchino's score for The Incredibles was an amazing John Barry homage, so I'd suggest him if Arnold isn't available. But really, it shouldn't even have to get that far. Just let Arnold do it.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Richard said:

Has there been any word from Arnold, about Bond 25?

As far as I'm aware, the latest thing Arnold has had to say about the film is this about a month ago on Twitter:

I just don’t see why they would go with anyone else.  He did five in a row and the only reason he didn’t do the last two is because Mendes wanted to use his regular collaborators in all the key roles.  Fukunaga has no regular composer.  And I’m willing to bet he isn’t being given has much leeway as Mendes received anyway.

So unless Broccoli or Wilson have a random strong desire to use someone else, Arnold seems like a shoe-in.  He’s probably already been approached and is just teasing us ahead of the official announcement.  Cheeky bugger!

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

What the actual?????!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that the arrangement with Sony has expired.

I will write to Sony! And ask them

to also bring back the Walkman! 

5 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I just don’t see why they would go with anyone else.  He did five in a row and the only reason he didn’t do the last two is because Mendes wanted to use his regular collaborators in all the key roles.  Fukunaga has no regular composer.  And I’m willing to bet he isn’t being given has much leeway as Mendes received anyway.

So unless Broccoli or Wilson have a random strong desire to use someone else, Arnold seems like a shoe-in.  He’s probably already been approached and is just teasing us ahead of the official announcement.  Cheeky bugger!

He used Dan Romer for his last two projects. Doubt EON would let him score a Bond film though. As for being given leeway, Fukunaga did drop out of It due to creative differences so he isn’t above asking for what he wants.