The Last Jedi trailer this Friday

ocelot

That scene in particular looks like a mash-up of the podrace in TPM and the battle of Hoth in ESB, complete with speeders flying towards AT-AT-esque walkers in the distance.

4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Anybody seen these videos of "modern" trailers for the classic trilogy?

Yeah, they're awesome. 

Did I miss something?  This upload of the trailer music from last Friday specifically says "Composed by Frederick Lloyd. Original themes by John Williams."  I know he did some work on a TFA trailer, but I haven't seen this anywhere else?  Maybe I'm just out of the loop.

It's taken from the version of the trailer with 5.1 audio (with the center channel removed). You can still hear some dialogue echo in there. It's no official upload.

The person who uploaded it probably saw Lloyd's name mentioned somewhere and thus put it in the video description, but it's not guarantee it's true.

6 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Did I miss something?  This upload of the trailer music from last Friday specifically says "Composed by Frederick Lloyd. Original themes by John Williams."  I know he did some work on a TFA trailer, but I haven't seen this anywhere else?  Maybe I'm just out of the loop.

Yeah:

@BloodBoal, the person who uploaded the video is @Manakin Skywalker, and he added that info based on these tweets. 

I think it's pretty obvious by now that Williams had nothing to do with this trailer. Well, I think the opening few bars with the scare chord could maybe be him (in that case they'd probably be taken right from the actual score), although I doubt it. But other than that, absolutely not. 

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Well, I think the opening few bars with the scare chord could maybe be him. But other than that, absolutely not. 

Williams being asked to score a trailer and them only using the first 5 seconds of his piece seems by far the least likely scenario.

But yeah, I'm pretty convinced he had nothing to do with the trailer music.  Now I really hope we find out next year exactly what was recorded in those December sessions..... I had always thought it'd be the trailer music.

7 minutes ago, Will said:

I think it's pretty obvious by now that Williams had nothing to do with this trailer. Well, I think the opening few bars with the scare chord could maybe be him (in that case they'd probably be taken right from the actual score), although I doubt it. But other than that, absolutely not. 

5 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

But yeah, I'm pretty convinced he had nothing to do with the trailer music.

EsfkYoDAqa2mk.gif

To those of you that doubt that Frederick Lloyd can "deconstruct" a Williams theme, listen to this unused bit of his TFA theatrical trailer cue (which then leads into the part we all heard in that trailer):

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, BloodBoal said:

The person who uploaded it probably saw Lloyd's name mentioned somewhere and thus put it in the video description, but it's not guarantee it's true.

That's my channel, and I got the information from Lloyd himself, who is a legitimate composer... so it's not just some person pretending to have written the music.