The Last Jedi trailer this Friday

ocelot

1 hour ago, lemoncurd said:

who's in for a trailer and marketing boycott? :music: I dont want to watch or listen to one single second before December, 15th...

So you're going to avoid all network television programming, then? So you don't start to watch a few seconds of the trailer, unless you're fast enough to stop it during the twinkling Lucasfilm logo, before recognizing what it is before you manage to, while screaming nonononono, reach for the remote control and change the channel? 

Good luck. 

7 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

many pages will this thread have 24 hours after the trailer is released?

I say seven!

depends on how many pages we take up guessing the number of pages, but i'll say 5

My god, I almost died of a heart attack hearing Augie's Municipal band playing on that live Broadcast.... I forgot that I've started it in background!

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I forgot how good the opening to Revenge of the Sith was

The transition between the previously recorded theme and the the actual first track of the movie? THAT'S A SO BAD EDIT.

I just hear Ridley talking about Luke... Will Luke be an old drunkard dispossessed of his powers in The Last Jedi??? Ohh.....

At least, it seems Rey will be a little bit disappointed to see his "hero" in the flesh...

Just now, BloodBoal said:

Yep. More new ships design and a new planet that looks interesting (with the dust(?) looking like blood...)

Looks like red soil.

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

The shot at 01:19 seems like a clear reference to the"X-Wings on water" shot from TFA. It's like poetry, it rhymes! The Ring Theory rings true! Will will be please!

I think the shot of the millennium falcon is supposed to mirror tea's shot too

So who composed this? its not a generic trailer musically. Not with the way the force and Res theme intertwine. Kylo's motif coming in when it does etc....

1 minute ago, ocelot said:

So who composed this? its not a generic trailer musically. Not with the way the force and Res theme intertwine. Kylo's motif coming in when it does etc....

This guy named John Williams.  He's like, really old.

Just now, Jay said:

This guy named John Williams.  He's like, really old.

HA HA HA... Yes I know, that's my point, duh!, but people were saying that he probably would not compose the music to the trailer and I was thinking he would do at least the first one like he did with TFA. The first half sounds way too intricate for a generic trailer company is what I mean. 

10 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

As I promised to Disco Stu, I'm going to try and abstain from watching this, but I'll certainly be curious as to what you guys think. This concludes this pointless announcement. 

Aw man, now I feel guilty.  I caved and watched it once, but just once!  I'm not going to endlessly analyze it or watch any of the thousands of trailer analyses that will be on the internet over the coming days/weeks/months.  But yeah, that movie looks reaaaaaallll good :) 

What do we see when Rey's talking about seing "a balance" (I think?).

I mean the shot before the Jedi sign.

Books on a shelve?

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Aw man, now I feel guilty.  I caved and watched it once, but just once!  I'm not going to endlessly analyze it or watch any of the thousands of trailer analyses that will be on the internet over the coming days/weeks/months.  But yeah, that movie looks reaaaaaallll good :) 

You were my brother, Stu! 
Related image

Just now, Cerebral Cortex said:

You were my brother, Stu! 
Related image

You have the high ground and you're right to leave me to burn in the lava.

It just felt different from the situation with VII where I had no basis for an idea of what they would be doing character-wise, so I wanted that surprise.  This is more a known quantity, following characters I already know.

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It just felt different from the situation with VII where I had no basis for an idea of what they would be doing character-wise, so I wanted that surprise.  This is more a known quantity, following characters I already know.

It's all good, bud. Totally understand. Glad you liked it!

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

Come on, Cortex, join us and watch it... It would be wise, my friend!

tumblr_lxnlhzXFmw1r1tpqro1_500.gif

16 minutes ago, Muad'Dib said:

Williams or not, the first half is really good. It gets all the hitpoints right, in true Williams fashion.

If it isn't Williams I will not eat chocolate for a week! 

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Sorry sweety. At least you'll lose a few pounds.

Screenshot_2017-04-14-17-39-13.png

Hahaha, When do I start? Today? Did he do the whole thing or that last part? Because that first section sounds totally Williams and recorded live.

5 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Let's not have two separate threads for exactly the same conversation please. 

Jason?

5 minutes ago, ocelot said:

Is there another post? I started this days ago

In General Discussion, where we arent allowed to discuss John Williams really.