Williams Conducting at Star Wars 40th Celebration

rpvee

31 minutes ago, FC4L said:

They weren't "light hearted jokes" they were posts continuing the narrative of the event by those watching it live. To see such posts, with zero indication of them being "jokes" and then get to the end of the stream wondering why I've not seen something I'm expecting to happen happen isn't funny nor amusing. It was lame and stupid. 

Me and Bloodboal take offense at your comments!

Fuck you!

1 hour ago, Not Mr. Big said:

The comments' far-fetched nature was more than enough of an indication.   "John Williams and Michael Giacchino co-conducting" isn't something that would actually happen :lol: 

Might, might not. However the attempt at humor was poor, the placement made no indication of being a joke and continuing to go on about it and not acknowledge that it was just lame is just lame.

Jokes are supposed to be funny. This "joke" was an utter and complete failure. Calling me out for stating so make it even worse and completely detravts from the other bitching in this thread about how unappreciative people are at having any new John Williams live performance.

26 minutes ago, FC4L said:

Might, might not. However the attempt at humor was poor, the placement made no indication of being a joke and continuing to go on about it and not acknowledge that it was just lame is just lame.

Jokes are supposed to be funny. This "joke" was an utter and complete failure. Calling me out for stating so make it even worse and completely detravts from the other bitching in this thread about how unappreciative people are at having any new John Williams live performance.

You're just mad because you fell for it! 

Why am I getting the blame once again? It's obvious that the responsibility lies solely with you, Bloodboal!

Tricking and scamming members as usual. You should be ashamed of yourself. FC4L has every right tp be offended by you!

Continuing the joke on page 1 was fine, but please don't tell members who aren't your friend to "fuck you".  We don't need that aggressive kinds of post here, it accomplishes nothing and isn't funny in the slightest.

Look who showed up days too late to bitch and moan about a joke made days ago?

Arent you too busy with other things to still be managing this place?

Perhaps it's time you went looking for a replacement. I would suggest Alvar. 

21 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Look who showed up days too late to bitch and moan about a joke made days ago?

Arent you too busy with other things to still be managing this place?

Perhaps it's time you went looking for a replacement. I would suggest Alvar. 

Again this is a question of familiarity and register in which people speak around here. Sure long time members know your or BB's idiosyncratic writing style and won't take offense as they know you are not serious 100% of the time but someone who visits less often can't tell banter and inside jokes from sincere commentary. Also I am not amazed if someone gets offended by being "fuck you"'ed even if he expressed some somewhat disproportionate annoyance with your little joke.

Well, at least Williams conducting is better than last year's video introduction where he appeared at death's door and we all freaked out

Was that video taken around the time he had a pacemaker installed?

Ever since TFA, Williams appears to have regenerated. He's probably having a good wank to Keira Knightley as we type.

11 hours ago, king mark said:

Well, at least Williams conducting is better than last year's video introduction where he appeared at death's door and we all freaked out

Like how? In the form of an internet death hoax?

I made French Toast with high quality bread once, and it was no good.  Gotta made it with cheapo white bread

11 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Maybe he should get a few more pacemakers. He'll get younger with each one, Benjamin Button-style!

He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.

I would just like to make note of the fact that his pacemaker entered his life right around the same time Daisy did. All I'm saying. 

But Jay's right. He certainly does look better. In a lot of pictures of Williams in 2014 or so, you don't see him smiling a whole lot. Well, I mean, you don't see Williams smiling a whole lot anyways, but seemingly not a ton even for Williams. In 2016 and 2017, he seems a bit more relaxed and happy. I wonder if he even felt all that great in the year or so before getting his pacemaker.

At any rate, it's great to see him continuing to chug right along with an equivocal vitality and exuberance.

williams_compare.png

On 19.4.2017 at 3:01 PM, Jay said:

JW has looked YOUNGER since recovering from the pacemaker surgery than he did the 2-4 years leading up to it.  When I saw him in Boston last May/June I was quite impressed with his pep

Revivified.

15 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

I would just like to make note of the fact that his pacemaker entered his life right around the same time Daisy did. All I'm saying. 

:lol:

So true!