Will the Ep 8 trailer have new music composed by Williams?

Will the Ep 8 trailer have new music composed by Williams?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Ep 8 trailer have new music composed by Williams?

Very curious to get official word on Williams' involvement in the teaser. That first half does sound like it very well could be his work, but I don't hear anything that makes me 100% sure.

In any case, I like it a lot. Kudos to the marketing team for letting Rey's and Kylo Ren's themes be featured.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the beginning at least is Williams. Even if a trailer music company did decide to use Rey and Kylo's themes, I guess it probably wouldn't have sounded like that given the way the Force theme, for example, has been handled in previous promos.

Leaning toward the second half being him too, I think, obviously with "enhancements"...the trumpets and the woodwind flourish do sound like a real performance to me, and I'm not sure anybody just writing trailer music would have made that natural connection between the Force theme and the little tag from Rey's theme. I mean, I just don't think it would have occurred to anybody else to continue that thread between the two themes, seems like a bit of an obscure reference and melodically it's a pretty clean line from one into the other there.

If it's not Williams, well then respect to whoever was paying attention.

9 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the beginning at least is Williams. Even if a trailer music company did decide to use Rey and Kylo's themes, I guess it probably wouldn't have sounded like that given the way the Force theme, for example, has been handled in previous promos.

Leaning toward the second half being him too, I think, obviously with "enhancements"...the trumpets and the woodwind flourish do sound like a real performance to me, and I'm not sure anybody just writing trailer music would have made that natural connection between the Force theme and the little tag from Rey's theme. I mean, I just don't think it would have occurred to anybody else to continue that thread between the two themes, seems a little "obscure" of a reference and melodically it's a pretty clean line from one into the other there.

If it's not Williams, well then respect to whoever was paying attention.

Sounds like trailer composers to me. That line with the Force theme and the little tag from Rey's theme is exactly what JW did in the TFA credits.

I posted this in the General Discussion thread, but to me it sounds like trailer composers—good ones—who got to play in JW's sandbox of TFA themes. (And maybe borrowed a little bit of Lost-mode Giacchino.) They're good, but it doesn't sound like JW to me. All the quotes are there, but the orchestration is a little obvious and it doesn't quite have the same polish.

I know that Mike Rubino scored the second TFA trailer, as well as several of the later teasers, and this sounds very similar, not to mention it fits his style of composing like a glove. I'm pretty convinced it was composed by him. He likes to incorporate motifs from the films he's scoring the trailers for, and I know he's a big fan of John Williams.

UPDATE: It was actually composed by Frederick Lloyd.

5 hours ago, Chewy said:

I love that little flute Rey's motif at 0:46

Wow, didn't catch that reference!

3 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I know for a fact that Mike Rubino scored the second TFA trailer

This one?

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, Will said:

Wow, didn't catch that reference!

This one?

Yes I think so, the new parts. Some of the segments were edited from the films with additional overlays.

27 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Really? Come on, you've been listening to the TFA OST non-stop for more than a year now!

Yeah he must not have been able to watch it with full attention. It's not subtle, it's a very upfront instance of her theme.

I trying not to watch the trailer but I'd be very interested to hear the music isolated, if or when something like that ever becomes available (I know they did it with at least one of the TFA trailers). Whether or not it's even Williams, it sounds like an interesting composition from what you guys are saying.

3 hours ago, DominicCobb said:

I trying not to watch the trailer but I'd be very interested to hear the music isolated, if or when something like that ever becomes available (I know they did it with at least one of the TFA trailers). Whether or not it's even Williams, it sounds like an interesting composition from what you guys are saying.

Will brought my attention to one such isolation in this thread: 

• 3 weeks later...