John Williams is doing great in this year's Classic FM Hall of Fame

bollemanneke

Just a bit of useless trivia I wanted to share. I've been listening to the Hall of Fame and it really struck me how much had changed for Williams compared to previous years. Last year, he had six entries in the top 300, now he's got 10. This probably doesn't mean anything whatsoever, but as I'm slowly becoming a JW fanboy, I was rather pleased. The statistics so far:

277: Superman March

262: Born on the Fourth of July

241: ET: Flying

151: Raider's March (This was at 300 last year!)

91: Hymn to the Fallen

And there are still five to come, can't figure out which one will be number five (Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter and Schindler's List are definitely in there). Very happy that the wretched piano concertos will still have to make room for a little bit of real music though.

I was listening to the countdown the other day and I'm pretty sure the Epilogue from War of the Worlds was on there as well

They really should re-consider the entire voting procdure. It's unfair that Bach's Brandenburg concertos, Star Wars and Harry Potter are counted as one piece while every accident of a piano concerto gets its own little place.

What's also unfair is that, when the guy announced Gladiator, he first played the wrong track (I can easily forgive him that), but also said: Hans Zimmer writes terrific film music. I cannot forgive him that.