Indiana Doug and the Temple of Doug

mstrox

5 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Well that's an unexpected surprise? An Indiana Jones box set produced by Mike Matessino with liner notes by @Doug Adams? Finally, we've cracked the Lucasfilm wall

You mean like this:

soundtracks_01.jpg

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

A set neither produced by Mike Matessino, nor with liner notes by Doug Adams, and riddled with alternates over film takes, microedits, incorrectly transferred tape speeds, and egregious omissions of long sought-after cues.

That set will be remembered as little more than a stop-gap to another producer creating the definitive Indy box-set.

So... no. Not like that.

(But credit where it's due; it's still a vast improvement on what we had circa 2008, eerily similar to the situation with the Star Wars SEs).

9 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

So, this year, we're going to get a complete Star Wars scores box set (40th Anniversary of the saga!), a complete Indiana Jones scores box set (Doug's tweet proves it!) and a complete JW Harry Potter scores box set (LaLaLand clues clearly point to that!) This is awesome!

:wub:

3 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

In his defense, he always was a shitty photographer!

His sight hasn't been the same since pouring over The Hobbit scores and their 7 million themes...

There is no expanded version of the scores in the works; Concord still has the rights anyway (hopefully only until 2018).  With Kathleen Kennedy being in charge of Lucasfilm, though, and her being so pleased with all the Spielberg expansions Mike M has been doing, I'm sure Lucasfilm will let him into their vaults before too long.  Maybe in time for Indy 5 in 2019?

Looks like Doug is writing a book anyway, which is great!  I always figured a Star Wars book by him would come first!

16 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

We're still waiting for Impossible Silence!

Yes, Doug's been talking about that book since the first Hobbit podcast in late 2012 (or early 2013, whenever it aired).  At the time, it seemed like it was approaching the finish line.  Amazing 5 years later we can't even preorder it yet still.

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I'm not contradicting you (I obviously have no idea), but why the certainty?

Because Indy is  Spielberg/Williams,  and Mike Matessino is the one who works on those, and Jay and him are in contact. 

15 minutes ago, Fal said:

Because Indy is  Spielberg/Williams,  and Mike Matessino is the one who works on those, and Jay and him are in contact. 

Jay is not your only hope.

There is 'Another'.....

yoda.jpg

I truly think that Kathleen Kennedy will encourage Mike M to tackle JW's 11 (soon to be 13!) Lucasfilm scores at some point - how can she look at the warm reception that his 1941, Empire of the Sun, AI Artificial Intelligence, BTTF 2, BTTF 3, and the Jurassic Park Collection sets got and not be interested?  It's bound to happen.

Luckily Sony's contract for the Star Wars scores is over, which helps those scores.  Hopefully Concord's contract for the Indy scores ends next year.  If it was a 15 or 20 year contract instead of 10 year though, we might be screwed!  

4 minutes ago, Fal said:

But Mike is, and he (apparently) says not yet.

Strange are the ways of this Padawan. You must un learn!😂

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Luckily Sony's contract for the Star Wars scores is over, which helps those scores.  Hopefully Concord's contract for the Indy scores ends next year.  If it was a 15 or 20 yer contract instead of 10 year though, we might be screwed!  

1 hour ago, Fal said:

But Mike is, and he (apparently) says not yet.

Hehehe...

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

FYI somebody on the FSM boards thought I was Mike Matessino once, so I can probably answer any questions you have

LOL really?  Which thread?

I'm not sure - it was several years ago now.  I want to say that it was someone I don't know, and not Stefancos.  But "mstrox" and "mxmx" do look pretty similar if you squint