Upcoming new recording of "For the President's Own"

curlytoot

29 minutes ago, Miguel Andrade said:

Awesome! For The President's Own is probably my favourite of his celebratory short pieces.

Yes!  It's a wonderful exercise for the brass especially!  The complex, interweaving parts for the trumpets are breathtaking.

2 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

Awesome! For The President's Own is probably my favourite of his celebratory short pieces.

Really? That's surprising. My favourite will always remain "Celebrate Discovery", I think.

• 3 weeks later...

This album was released today, I'm listening to it now.  It really is a glorious performance and recording of "For the President's Own."  I continue to find this composition completely exhilarating.  I'd love to hear Williams continue to "explore" the textures of a wind band like Broughton, whose "In the World of the Spirits" really showcases the immediacy I find so exciting about string-less ensembles.

It's a first-rate album!  Highly recommended.

Oh!  Also: I was already familiar with Mackey's "Wine-Dark Sea" but if you are reading this and haven't ever listened to it, now is the perfect time to discover one of the coolest pieces of music written this decade.

Ah I know I was missing an entry to add on my websites!

It's one after another!

Do we have a catalogue number for the CD?

2 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Do we have a catalogue number for the CD?

This is what's in the digital booklet (LABELS THAT PUT OUT DIGITAL BOOKLETS WITH THEIR ALBUMS ARE DOING THE LORD'S WORK).

Capture.PNG

Just now, Disco Stu said:

This is what's in the digital booklet (LABELS THAT PUT OUT DIGITAL BOOKLETS WITH THEIR ALBUMS ARE DOING THE LORD'S WORK).

Capture.PNG

Thanks alot!

Added on the website... going to update the wiki article too in few minutes.

Sans-titre-1.jpg