Full Orchestral Scores to "War of the Worlds" (2005)

WotWFan

I'm starting a little project that involves piecing together all of the cues (used and unused) from Williams' "War of the Worlds" as orchestral arrangements.

There are 2 ways I'm going about this: using my Roland FA-08 to record the small cues (2 minutes or less, often unreleased in the movie or the OST) and using MuseScore to do the bigger things (The Ferry Scene, Reaching the Country, etc). Either way, expect to see typeset scores. 

I post most of my stuff to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6on8a9f8CWhvtxBUCA9rg

If the link doesn't work, just find YouTube username Zachary Larson. 

This film score is so bewilderingly beautiful and deep that it cannot go underappreciated--this score needs to be on the same level as his Star Wars stuff. I am determined to make that happen.

Best,

Zach

You're inaccurately transcribing the music? Without the actual scores as a reference, I don't see any value in this project. 

Both an incomplete and a complete set of cues is floating around. You should be able to find the former at a certain Final Fantasy Shrine ...

On 4/22/2017 at 9:29 AM, Bartokus Novus said:

You're inaccurately transcribing the music? Without the actual scores as a reference, I don't see any value in this project. 

Both an incomplete and a complete set of cues is floating around. You should be able to find the former at a certain Final Fantasy Shrine ...

I probably should have stated that I have most of the sketch scores from the film :) I have only the 100 page handwritten sketch scores. I'll check out other places to see if I can find some other stuff too.

What I do not have (sketch scores or typeset) are:

The Ferry Scene

The Intersection Scene

Attack on the Car

The Confrontation with Ogilvy (I have the string intro, just not the rest of the cue)

Escape from the City

(basically all of the cool action cues! Ugh!)

2 hours ago, WotWFan said:

I probably should have stated that I have most of the sketch scores from the film :) I have only the 100 page handwritten sketch scores. I'll check out other places to see if I can find some other stuff too.

What I do not have (sketch scores or typeset) are:

The Ferry Scene

The Intersection Scene

Attack on the Car

The Confrontation with Ogilvy (I have the string intro, just not the rest of the cue)

I'm sorry - I'm a bit grumpy today. Never mind!