So Indy 5 will be released in 2019. Do we really want it?

Josh500

Do you really want to see another Indy movie?   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you really want to see another Indy movie?

• Sure! Bring it on!
    • I'm undecided. I'll see it if it's released, but I'm not particularly crazy about it.
    • Noooo! Not another Indy movie (penned by Koepp)!

The Indy universe is a universe for angry gods and not for friendly aliens. One should ignore the fourth film and create the new film as a sequel of the trilogy, because you cannot continue the story in a universe that has already been spoiled by aliens, UFOs and nuked fridges.

That's the only thing I'm looking forward to about the project.  If this film weren't being made, Williams would score some other film or just write more concert music instead, so its a win/win as far as Williams goes anyway.

2 hours ago, Quintus said:

I've thought that. Make it like The Shootist, it probably work if done well. But that's also fundamentally changing what Indiana Jones is: an action hero. It'd be an entirely different beast to what came before in the trilogy, but not in a way which would feel new, fresh and necessary. It'd be retiring and probably poignant, which isn't how I would personally like to remember the character. Indiana Jones was never a character drama; it was a rollicking adventure! He rode off into the sunset to fight another day! That's what makes the character immortal. It'd be depressing to see him lean back into his rocking chair and reminisce about the good old days, about that one last job he did. Ugh, no thanks. 

I get your point, and a film with an 85- or 90-year-old Ford would obviously need to take the age into consideration. But personally, I agree with Indy 'superfan' Joe Esrey over on FSM when he states that he would like to see a more 'serious', archeological approach to the hero. For this approach, there is basically no upper age limit. Sure, it would not be the gung ho adventure/cliffhanger genre of the previous movies, but I am personally so interested in the universe, I'd love to see a different exploration/angle.

Like, say, they did with STARGATE: ATLANTIS or even the new BATTLESTAR GALACTICA. Heck, even ROGUE ONE.

Also, do not forget we already have a 90-something year old Indiana Jones!

90906090c30111e0adfb0843e448fa07.jpg

1 minute ago, Jay said:

That dude doesn't really look like Harrison Ford does he

Not very, but a little bit. Must be a reason for why they cast him as old Indy in the YOUNG INDY bookends.

Nobody bar Thor and some others would want to watch that movie. They already tried that sort of old coot adventure thing with Space Cowboys, it doesn't work. Those movies don't make tills ring at the box office. 

They could make it like True Grit...a washed up, angry Indy who is a poor reflection of his younger self is hired by some kid with a vendetta to steal back a prize Belloq stole from him/her. The movie ends with Indy falling off his horse chasing it as the horse runs off into the sunset for another day of adventures to come.

Bad ass Indy

IndyGuns-hd.jpg

Washed up Indy

s_truegrit.jpg

1 hour ago, karelm said:

They could make it like True Grit...a washed up, angry Indy who is a poor reflection of his younger self is hired by some kid with a vendetta to steal back a prize Belloq stole from him/her. The movie ends with Indy falling off his horse chasing it as the horse runs off into the sunset for another day of adventures to come.

Bad ass Indy

IndyGuns-hd.jpg

Washed up Indy

s_truegrit.jpg

More like....

hqdefault.jpg

OldIndy.jpg

post-5831-1266121715.jpg

4 minutes ago, mstrox said:

You'll never reboot our hearts, Mr. Spielberg!

People get their hearts rebooted all the time.  It's a quadruple bypass, pacemaker, heart transplant, etc.

For me, the tagline of Temple of Doom most certainly holds true:

"If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones."

Seriously, if I think of Indiana Jones, I think of adventure. And when I think of adventure, I think of Indiana Jones.

And I really like adventure!

So I say, bring this on. But please.... no aliens this time.

16 hours ago, Selina Kyle said:

I hope they bring back everyone from the last one, except for John Hurt, of course. Mac went to the space between spaces. Maybe's he's like some sort of lord of time now. Can't wait to see Mutt and Karen Allen again! That's gonna be great! It's gonna be great!

Something tells me you like a certain TV series that is back on the air now. :lol:

If only John Hurt could have returned as lord of time....!

5 hours ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

For me, the tagline of Temple of Doom most certainly holds true:

"If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones."

That's the second best movie tagline of all time. The best is obviously Jaws 2.