M. Night Shyamalan announces Unbreakable sequel

leeallen01

Just now, Jay said:

It didn't just re-use the theme, it was the same 2000 recording tracked in, right?

Yes, they didn't vary it at all. It was basically tracked into the film. JNH was even given a credit during the end titles. 

I unexpectedly really enjoyed Split and I really want to see the next movie.

Split bothered me a bit in that it has two different horror stories but it centers mostly on one. We barely see the point of the view of the original personality (the idea is so scary from that point of view)

If JNH doesn't return for Glass then it will easily be the most disappointing thing to happen in the film world for me. Unbreakable (film and score) is a masterpiece and to have a dream sequel with all the returning cast, including building on the Split story, is a bloody dream come true. So if there's no JNH, it just wont feel right at all.

I really like Unbreakable but it really said what it had to say. Anything more will not contribute to the concept, it will only take away from it. It's like with Blade Runner, there's nothing what the sequel can add that wasn't already perfectly suggested in the original. - Alex

PS: Split also had very little to say.

I was quite enjoying Split, up until McAvoy tipped over from Multiple Personality Disorder into superpowers and I thought 'Well ... this is stupid'. Felt the last-frame explanation with Willis was too little, too late.  

3 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I really like Unbreakable but it really said what it had to say. Anything more will not contribute to the concept, it will only take away from it. It's like with Blade Runner, there's nothing what the sequel can add that wasn't already perfectly suggested in the original. - Alex

This is like the "Alex mantra", isn't it? Leave well enough alone! :)

20 minutes ago, Thor said:

This is like the "Alex mantra", isn't it? Leave well enough alone! :)

Absolutely! I'm one of those who never liked that they took off Darth Vader's mask in ROTJ;)