Your favorite melody by John Williams

Cumulonimbus

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:21 PM, MSM said:

...closest to a JW piano concerto movement as we might get (Snowy's theme is a good second).

Well, technically his "Scherzo for Piano and Orchestra” is probably as close as we'll get, but, I know what you mean ;)

This one always stops me in my tracks:

But contributing factors are sound design, cinematography, lighting, directing, and acting.  This might be Spielberg's best directed film.  No expositional dialog throughout. Notice how the foreground sound of the mechanics fades as Christian Bale becomes consumed with the aviators obsession..how the grand becomes intimate and personal.  Too many brilliant moments to mention them all out but the music is also fantastic.  And holy shit, how how the camera captured the Japanese empire's rising sun just at the salute which is where the music reached its peak. This is a very underrated film with a fantastic score.

I've always been hooked (ahem) by the banquet theme from Hook. It was the first theme and the first score that really got in me. 

On 22.5.2017 at 1:45 AM, karelm said:

This one always stops me in my tracks:

But contributing factors are sound design, cinematography, lighting, directing, and acting.  This might be Spielberg's best directed film.  No expositional dialog throughout. Notice how the foreground sound of the mechanics fades as Christian Bale becomes consumed with the aviators obsession..how the grand becomes intimate and personal.  Too many brilliant moments to mention them all out but the music is also fantastic.  And holy shit, how how the camera captured the Japanese empire's rising sun just at the salute which is where the music reached its peak. This is a very underrated film with a fantastic score.

As underrated as War Horse.