Jerry Goldsmith's Star Trek theme > John Williams' Star Wars theme

I don't see a poll. :S

Anyway, even as someone who loves Goldsmith more in general, I still like both themes about the same. 

If anything, I might love Craig Safan's Last Starfighter more than either. :D

Both are great and do an equally great job of capturing the feel and spirit of their respective films. Trying to pick one over is unnecessary, stressful, and unnecessarily stressful. Makes my blood pressure go up. 

The scores are about the only thing I'm interested in from the STAR TREK franchise (to which I'm otherwise indifferent). Goldsmith's score and theme from the first movie is great, but I still consider Williams' superior.

Um, no.

On this matter there can be no dispute.  People of good faith can't disagree on this one. It's not a matter of opinion. There is a right and wrong. There's no "agree to disagree." It's a subject that's non-debatable. 

Mods, please delete this thread and ban this member. Thank you.

Sometimes, depending on the day of the week, I feel that I like his main themes to Voyager and First Contact better, actually. Super tough call, mind you. Granted, part of that could be because of how saturated Goldsmith's Trek theme became with the subsequent movies and TNG, I suppose. 

One of Goldsmith's best themes is Bate's Theme from Psycho II although the rest of the score is not one of his best. The Alien Main Theme is also brilliant, but well... Alien is Alien... nothing more to say.

It's funny how the most bombastic themes are often the most popular, aren't they?

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Voyager and First Contact both have first rate themes.

The theme and opening credits (the latter which I consider the best of the franchise) are first rate and two of the few things I like about Voyager. 

5 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

It's funny how the most bombastic themes are often the most popular, aren't they?

Doesn't seem that way to me.

For what it's worth, the gentle Rudy theme is also one of my favorite Goldsmith themes.

3 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

Doesn't seem that way to me.

For what it's worth, the gentle Rudy theme is also one of my favorite Goldsmith themes.

Mmmmmm, and the gorgeous tragic love theme for Frenchy and Maily in The Sand Pebbles