What would you sacrifice for a complete set of every John Williams recording sessions?

King Mark

what would you sacrifice for a complete set of every John Williams recording sessions  

19 members have voted

1. 1. what would you sacrifice for a complete set of every John Williams recording sessions?

• Accept to be fired from your job
    • Get dumped by your girlfriend/boyfriend
    • Get a random chronic illness
    • Go through a natural disaster (flood/earthquake/hurricane)
    • Give up your most prized physical possession
    • Give up your pet (cat/dog) for adoption
    • other

Not much.  Having every second of Williams music isn't the end-all-be-all of everything for me.  Within a month, they would amount to little more than more music in the daily rotation with all the other scores.  

Nothing whatsoever.

But if it were the recording session VIDEO footage that Spielberg has shot over the years, it would be another matter altogether. I'd love to see that.

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

:crymore:

BloodBoal you've gotta go! Hurry, please, please! There's no time!No, don't worry about us!We'll be all right with the sessions .Get out of here! Can't you see we don't want you anymore? Why can't you go back where you came from? Now, leave us alone! Go. Go!

Things I'd rather have than this (in no particular order):

• A copy of the First Folio
  • A signed 1st edition of The Hobbit
  • All the unused footage/outtakes from the LOTR films
  • An HD version of "Educating Rita"
  • An official HD release of the unaltered OT
  • A date with "ladyboy" Grace Park

None of the above. Stupid question! Who in his right mind would be willing to contract a chronic illness or go through a natural disaster for music files? 

But I'd be willing to pay up to 2,500 Euros.

8 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

People willing to give away their pet(s) for unreleased music don't deserve to have pets.

Agreed.

To clarify... my wife wanted the dog, but I'm the one who walks it, takes it to the vet, cleans up its barf... etc.

Sorry if it sounds cruel but I didn't want it and still don't want it.  And it's been made clear that this will be our last dog.

I see posts of people who say they would give this or that that they don't need or want.

I thought the meaning of "sacrifice" is giving something that is very valuable to you for something else.

So if you say you're giving your pets, girlfriends etc, it means they weren't valuable to you or meant nothing in the first place!

That is not sacrifice!

So, in that regard, I would give absolutely nothing.

32 minutes ago, MrScratch said:

To clarify... my wife wanted the dog, but I'm the one who walks it, takes it to the vet, cleans up its barf... etc.

Sorry if it sounds cruel but I didn't want it and still don't want it.  And it's been made clear that this will be our last dog.

Aw, your wife wanted a pet and you're annoyed and resentful you have to take a little responsibility for a living thing with needs in your house? I'm guessing you don't have kids. You've "made it clear"...what about what she wants? Yeah, it sounds a little cruel.

Mate, remember that you're the one who emptied the contents of your purse on the library floor.

I laughed pretty hard at the poll choices. :lol:

Here's the question: KM, what would you be willing to give up? 

"Sacrifice"?

It's music, dude. 

But hey, some choose food as substitute satisfaction for sex, so why not music, I don't judge.

2 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Aw, your wife wanted a pet and you're annoyed and resentful you have to take a little responsibility for a living thing with needs in your house? I'm guessing you don't have kids. You've "made it clear"...what about what she wants? Yeah, it sounds a little cruel.

Mate, remember that you're the one who emptied the contents of your purse on the library floor.

It's actually cruel and unfair to lump someone else with unnecessary responsibilities for the hell of it. Poor dude shouldn't have to care for a dog if he doesn't want to.

7 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

It's actually cruel and unfair to lump someone else with unnecessary responsibilities for the hell of it. Poor dude shouldn't have to care for a dog if he doesn't want to.

Are you married?

3 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Animals live a long time. 15 years with a pet and then enjoying 15 years without one seems like a fair compromise. 

2 hours ago, Will said:

I laughed pretty hard at the poll choices. :lol:

Here's the question: KM, what would you be willing to give up? 

I think I'd go with the girlfriend option...if I had one. Relationships are a source of pain anyways

2 hours ago, king mark said:

I think I'd go with the girlfriend option...if I had one. Relationships are a source of pain anyways

Sounds like the Jedi philosophy...

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:
3 hours ago, king mark said:

Yes, I don't really see the point of them.

200.gif

8 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Yep, it's been made clear and agreed upon.  She acknowledges that I do everything for the dog.  I accepted the responsibility, but doing 100% of the responsibilities is not what I signed up for.

8 hours ago, filmmusic said:

I see posts of people who say they would give this or that that they don't need or want.

I thought the meaning of "sacrifice" is giving something that is very valuable to you for something else.

So if you say you're giving your pets, girlfriends etc, it means they weren't valuable to you or meant nothing in the first place!

That is not sacrifice!

So, in that regard, I would give absolutely nothing.

Well, if I had to go home and tell the wife that I traded in the dog for some film music... we would all learn the true meaning of sacrifice.

It was a silly poll question, pet was one of the options, I went with that one.  Jeez people, my dog isn't actually going anywhere.  And if you think I'm "cruel" you have no idea how pampered that dog is.

3 hours ago, king mark said:

I got more flack for giving up a dog than you did a human being.