Are you a member of the Church of The Lost World yet?

It's obvious since the complete score has been released that it is in fact the best John Williams score. I think it’s a privilege to call yourself a Lost Worlder and it’s something you have to earn, because a Lost Worlder does. He or she has the ability to create new and better realities and improve conditions. Being a Lost Worlder, when you drive past an accident, it’s not like anyone else. When you drive past, you know you have to do something about it because you know you’re the only one that can really help. So you stop and give them a copy of The Lost World: Jurassic Park, composed and conducted by John Williams. As Williams scores go, it's better than everything.

Even the thought of TLW being Johnny's best score is preposterous. Granted, it's a great, entertaining score, but he's done so much more notable and memorable works.

It was always a favourite of mine, but I used to think it meandered on the atonality and dissonance too much.

After hearing the score in complete form though, it's revealed itself as a thoroughly balanced, multifaceted work that's cemented itself in my top 3. Masterful writing and unique in Johnny's oeuvre. There's simply nothing else like it.

Not sure I'm a member of the "Church of LOST WORLD", but it's a damn fine score. Took me some time adjusting to, though. I wasn't that impressed when I first heard it in 97; I had expected more JURASSIC PARK, and less Stravinsky. But now, I really enjoy its darkness and rawness.

13 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Is there wonder and awe in Lost World heaven, or just running and screaming?

Oh, yeah. Oooh, ahhh, that's how it always starts. Then later there's running and um, screaming.

maxresdefault.jpg

It was my first full JW score album so it will always hold a special place in my heart. Had only the SW Sony compilation before that.

Karol

3 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

And is everything in Lost World heaven run by CD-ROM?

Lost World Hell is a diorama.

No extra content and no stickers or online digital wallpapers or photo galleries...

Not a member. TLW is a bland score, never listened trough the OS and never this new one. Most overrated score in history of Johnny!!

But this is JP score, the youngsters love it, they do not know what we got back then...

6 minutes ago, hornist said:

Not a member. TLW is a bland score, never listened trough the OS and never this new one. Most overrated score in history of Johnny!!

Yes, I agree.

Haven't bought yet the complete cd, but the score is in my bottom 5 Williams scores.

I even prefer his 60s work than this.

I'm not much of a percussion guy and I think it had too much percussion.

Always loved TLW score since May 1997.  Love it even more now that we can hear the entire thing.  It's brilliant from start to finish, I have not been able to go more than a few days without listening since it arrived

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Always loved TLW score since May 1997.  Love it even more now that we can hear the entire thing.  It's brilliant from start to finish, I have not been able to go more than a few days without listening since it arrived

Me either, reckon I've listened to a track every few days since last year. Spectacular score absolutely brimming with energy, very Temple of Doom-esque in places.

I've been saving my first listen of complete Jurassic Park until I got tired of TLW, but it hasn't happened yet!

32 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

Yes, I agree.

Haven't bought yet the complete cd, but the score is in my bottom 5 Williams scores.

I even prefer his 60s work than this.

I'm not much of a percussion guy and I think it had too much percussion.

Are you prepared for the kind of death you've earned, little man?

11 hours ago, pete said:

I wonder what Tom's favorite Williams score is??

As in me?  Nothing out of the ordinary: ESB.

However, if you are looking for something out of the ordinary, at the moment I would put the concert suite from BFG on a short list of my favorite standalone pieces Williams has ever composed. 

As for TLW, the raw, primal energy of the soundtrack is unmatched in Williams' oeuvre, though I would not put the work near the top. 

Mark, you're glib. You don't even know what The Lost World is.

It's a minority religion and I think that sometimes people misinterpret. I think the best thing is for people to listen to it themselves. I believe people have the right to choose what they believe in.

23 hours ago, Tom said:

As in me?  Nothing out of the ordinary: ESB.

However, if you are looking for something out of the ordinary, at the moment I would put the concert suite from BFG on a short list of my favorite standalone pieces Williams has ever composed. 

As for TLW, the raw, primal energy of the soundtrack is unmatched in Williams' oeuvre, though I would not put the work near the top. 

Actually, I meant Tom Cruise, but thanks for answering^

I always loved Jurassic Park OST album.

When the Lost World came out, I bought the CD instantly. But the fact is, I never listened to it more than two times in twenty years!!!

It appeared to me... well... too tribal... too violent... I never liked it!!!

I don't have word to describe it (and I know my english is very limited!)... but an album... if I like it or not.. it's all about "energy".

I think every album, every compilation have an "energy". I like it or not. Sometimes it's about the content, sometimes it's about the sound quality... The ratio between the loud parts, the quiet parts... the transitions between them...

It's always black or white for me, there is no gray.

Now, let's talk about the LLL expanded set....

I finally discovered TLW score with it... And wow!!! I loved it from the first listen!!!! Both JP and TLW.

I'm able to listen both of them from the beginning to the end, and I enjoy all of it.

The energy is good with this LLL set, what can I say! :P

18 minutes ago, Selina Kyle said:

I wish there was a persistent muzak everywhere I went playing the complete score on a continuous loop.

LOL

I never not get goosebumps when it's time for A Visitor in San Diego. But it doesn't feel quite as satisfying just skipping to that track, I have to play the whole score and experience the build-up to it. xS