RIP Roger Moore 1927-2017

Alex

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Did your mom like THE SAINT?

THE PERSUADERS! is a great show.

I recall her talking about the Saint yes

and admittedly Moore is the Bond I grew up with the most

RIP! He was easily the silliest of the Bonds, but he had a good sense of humor and was a real gent. Indeed nobody does it better.

Out of his Bond films my favorite was probably FYEO, although TSWLM was also fairly entertaining, just wish Bach was a better actress, otherwise it'd be a lot better. 

13 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Jaws is only slightly more tolerable than Sheriff J.W. Pepper!

At least Jaws knew when to keep his mouth shut. 

Jane Seymour was achingly beautiful in LALD, once she was out of her Domino garb, but the Bond girl I got a lob on for the most in my teens had none of Seymour's class but disgusting amounts of the rubbishly veiled sauciness I like:

NrDXkpg.jpg

5 hours ago, Stefancos said:

http://www.parkcircus.com/in_cinemas/upcoming_releases/1334_sir_roger_moore_tribute

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios (MGM), Park Circus and EON Productions are pleased to announce a series of special screenings in memory of Sir Roger Moore, to take place in cinemas around the world.

The newly restored 4K versions of James Bond classics, The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only will be screened in aid of UNICEF. As a Goodwill Ambassador, Sir Roger had been a dedicated and passionate supporter of UNICEF since 1991.

Weirdly enough Pathe in The Netherlands is only showing FYEO, but since I have never seen a Moore Bond in the cinema's I'll take this opportunity.

Featuring the two best Moore Bonds. Nice. And great opportunity to see one in the cinema (though too bad it's not SWLM...of the two, I think it will gain the most seeing it on the big screen).

5 hours ago, Godzilla said:

Has Bond ever said "shit" in any of the movies before?

5 hours ago, Stefancos said:

No!

"There's a useful four-letter word...and you're full of it".

There have been two "fuck"s, though.

Hex said "shit", and there's been a

"bastard", and a "piss off".