'Lincoln' OST and 'Yo-Yo Ma Plays the Music of John Williams' to be released on vinyl

Ricard

Music on Vinyl will release Yo-Yo Ma Plays the Music of John Williams (June 23) and the original soundtrack album for Lincoln (July 7) -the latter as part of their At The Movies     collection. The same label was responsible for the vinyl edition of Memoirs of a Geisha last year (discussed here), as well as Seven Years in Tibet, released last December.

YO-YO MA PLAYS THE MUSIC OF JOHN WILLIAMS

3227_foto1_product_groot.jpg

Yo-Yo Ma Plays the Music of John Williams is a 2002 album of John Williams compositions performed by Yo-Yo Ma and the Recording Arts Orchestra of Los Angeles.
The album celebrates its 15th anniversary this year and is now finally available on vinyl for the first time. A 4 page booklet with an extensive story written by John Williams is included.

• 180 gram audiophile vinyl
  • PVC protective sleeve
  • Includes 4 page booklet
  • 15th Anniversary
  • Unique collaboration between John Williams and Yo-Yo Ma
  • Available on vinyl for the first time!

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/yo-yo-ma/plays-the-music-of-john-williams

ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - LINCOLN (BY JOHN WILLIAMS)

Lincoln_vinyl.png

John Williams composed and conducted the score of the 2012 American epic historical drama film Lincoln, directed by Steven Spielberg. The score was recorded by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and the Chicago Symphony Chorus.

• PVC protective sleeve
  • Gatefold sleeve
  • Includes 8 page booklet
  • OST of the multiple award winning 2012 movie by Steven Spielberg
  • Music Composed by multiple award winner John Williams
  • First time on vinyl!
  • First pressing of 750 numbered copies on Union Blue vinyl

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/original-soundtrack/lincoln-by-john-williams

ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET (JOHN WILLIAMS & YO-YO MA)

SYiT_vinyl.png

The music of Seven Years in Tibet is composed by American film composer John Williams. He has won 5 Academy Awards, 4 Golden Globe Awards, 7 BAFTA Awards, and 21 Grammy Awards for his musical work. Classical cellist Yo-Yo Ma is featured on the title theme and on most of the instrumental tracks plus there are several tantric excerpts from the Tibetan Gyuto Monks.

• Includes 4 page booklet with track listing, credits and photos from the movie
  • PVC protective sleeve
  • Music by John Williams, Cello solos by Yo-Yo Ma
  • First time on vinyl
  • First pressing of 1000 individually numbered copies on snow white vinyl

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/original-soundtrack/seven-years-in-tibet-john-williams

I already have the Geisha and Tibet releases (for the later I was able to grab the white snow vinyl limited version), and I will surely get this two new ones. I love the Ma album, the Cello Concerto being my all time favourite composition. And Lincoln is very high on my list of Williams favourite scores.

I have no need for any vinyl myself, but bring these on! Love it. Call me a hipster if you wish.

The Yo-Yo Ma album, in particular, is a definite must-have (whether CD, LP or digital).

47 minutes ago, Thor said:

I have no need for any vinyl myself, but bring these on! Love it. Call me a hipster if you wish.

Hipster.

All three are great scores but this LP craze is getting a bit ridiculous.

57 minutes ago, Incanus said:

All three are great scores but this LP craze is getting a bit ridiculous.

I don't think it's more ridiculous than collecting CDs in 2017....

1 hour ago, Ricard said:

I don't think it's more ridiculous than collecting CDs in 2017....

Collecting "digitally remastered" LPs will ALWAYS be ridiculous.

I don't think collecting is ridiculous. It's just an option for those who want to own a physical representation of something they love.

The audio source for the record is digital, it's  converted to analog at pressing.  The original tape source was remastered using digital technology, and now that new master is being pressed to vinyl.

I'm no expert but that makes sense to me.