BloodBoal

It's funny how everything went to shit without the two main characters some people considered dull (they were actually smartly written in their roles I guess, I liked the two).

There's a very long video on youtube since a week or so ago with mentions Will/Elizabeths arc of "I crave adventure but I'm not supposed to do so" (man the first movie is so well written. Leave screenwriters to their own devices! Allow time to rewrite the whole thing if you decide to add something or take it away! I'm looking at you, new Star Wars movies!)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/peta-calls-jerry-bruckheimer-end-wild-animal-use-set-1009744?facebook_20170602

Holy crap... we dont have the technology yet. If hollywood complies to these demands i can shove off my eyeballs already with a spoon.

Let's make indy V with a CGI ford, because the poor man got injured or diseased while filming, several times....

I just want to know why it's called Salazar's Revenge if Salazar never actually gets any kind of revenge on Sparrow...

Salazar's lust for revenge on sparrow is what drives the film... i think that is enough to use it in the title, even if technically he does not fullfill that revenge.

Will be watching it at my local drive-in on Friday... I suppose it's one of those movies where you just have to ignore the critic reviews and enjoy it as it is.

On 6/15/2017 at 10:12 AM, JohnSolo said:

Will be watching it at my local drive-in on Friday... I suppose it's one of those movies where you just have to ignore the critic reviews and enjoy it as it is.

What did ya think? 

To be honest, all these movies are a blur to me. I've seen them all (except the new one), once, but when I think about them it's just a jumble of scenes.  They all sort of run together. I vaguely remember thinking the first was better than the latter ones, and I enjoyed all those about the same I guess.

I think the only one I saw in the theatre was the third, and I'll definitely be waiting on the new one.

The first film kinda subconsciously becomes clumped in with the other ones quality-wise if not viewed in a spell. I had forgotten how great of a film it was, and I'd definitely recommend giving it another watch. 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:27 PM, Cerebral Cortex said:

What did ya think? 

I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Sure, it's rather overlong and bloated at times, like the rest of the POTC movies, but it was funny and had quite a few clever action scenes. Even in the scenes where the film lagged a bit, it was still bearable, as it gives you more time to notice all the intricate details and such that make these films some of the most visually elaborate and ornate adventure films ever. Javier Bardem was superb as Salazar, and made for a compelling and interesting villain. Depp's acting felt somewhat tired, but pulled off the character of Jack Sparrow quite well. Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa was fantastic as usual, and the last few scenes with his character were surprisingly emotional. Visual effects were top notch, if somewhat in the uncanny valley. Overall, I left the theater satisfied, and the film makes for a fun, swashbuckling diversion at the cinema. I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars.