What is the Last Cue You Listened To?

Sharkissimo

Hmm. This is also nice. It's quite reminiscent of THE PIPER DREAMS. Although it's unmistakably continental, it sounds English, probably because of the oboe, the most English of instruments.

That picture makes me think thoughts that I don't think I should share with JWfan!

• 2 weeks later...

When you do everything wonderfully well, but solve add some electronic shit to please the folks (I like this one!).

33 minutes ago, Sharky said:

A devastating piece for a devastating scene.

Me so horny!

Wade's Death is one of my favorite Williams tracks. Holy crap. Who knew a World War 2 film could bring John Williams at some of his angstiest? At 3:20, I wanna say Earnest is having a private moment of grief...the bitterness and tension create a depth that really encapsulates Williams' supreme abilities of scoring drama in a supportive yet powerful way.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, don't know where else to link this...

The greatest seven minutes and twenty five seconds you'll watch this week.
It's insane how many shorts I recognized excerpts from (I heard Mouse Comes to Dinner, Framed Cat, Sufferin' Cats, Cat Fishin', among others).

I'm not sure which is the most appropriate thread for this but:

I don't normally listen to Star Wars music this way, but earlier today I clicked a youtube video titled "Star Wars Soundtracks - Calm, Relaxing, Beautiful music mix" and halfway through a few nice cues the playlist played "The Starkiller" and right away I was confused by who would consider a cue all about the tragedy and anguish of mass destruction and loss of life "calm" or "relaxing". I suppose it is beautiful, but it doesn't really communicate the vibe the music mix seems to be going for. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been loving this. I don't know how much it reflects the rest of the score, but the orchestrations/recording do sound quite a bit better than the last score to my ears. Could be wrong though, I'm not exactly an expert in terms of what constitutes a good recording. I just hear a bit more instrumental details than I ever did for JW.

As for the music itself, it's deliciously corny kind of old-fashioned monster movie scoring (particularly reminds me of 50's monster movie scores in terms of its hamminess). More or less like the previous score, just carried up a bit by the aforementioned technical improvements. It's immature, thus it suits Giacchino's character and I love it. SO much more energetic and beastly this time too!

Really happy the OST will have a genuine end credits suite too, something JW lacked (thus breaking a Jurassic tradition).

Call me crazy but I really enjoy this cue from Howard Shore The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. And I love how it transitions from Bella's theme into the song based on the same theme. It's not a bad song actually.

Karol

10 hours ago, crocodile said:

Call me crazy but I really enjoy this cue from Howard Shore The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. And I love how it transitions from Bella's theme into the song based on the same theme. It's not a bad song actually.

Karol

And the movies really speak to you, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Williams' 8 minute arrangement of Sing, Sing, Sing.

HOW THE HELL HAVEN'T I HEARD THIS BEFORE

Now THIS is my world. I want to thank my Mom and Dad for their fantastic musical taste and partly imprinting it on me from a crazy young age.

If ever I get clinically depressed or suicidally anxious, please feel free to remind me this album exists.

Now, where to get the 20-disc collection quick and cheap...

Here, the average price for the collection is around the equivalent of 73€ instead of 100€ or god forbid 100£!

The bombastic parts of STAR WARS are of the highest order and I love them dearly, but the existence cues like this beside them are why it is (and probably will remain) my No.1 score of all time.

Short, sweet, quiet, romantic, uncynical, gorgeous.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Dead Poets Society, so this will ring around in my head all night:

Every track is addictive for me to where I can never just play one cue without wanting to play the whole album, but if placed in a situation where I was forced to choose a particularly invigorating moment as my favorite, it'd likely be this one.