What is the Last Cue You Listened To?

Sharkissimo

• 3 weeks later...

The People's House. I don't understand why this cue slipped under my radar. It touched me really deeply when Classic FM played it during Friday evening's intermission, especially the woodwind part at around 1:21. I don't know why it made such an impression, probably because of JW being in hospital, the amazing concert etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, KK said:

Lovely evocative cue that one. Little Buddha might be Sakamoto's finest film score. I think he said that he considers it his best film score. The Last Emperor is the one that comes close to me. I also like stuff like Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, but mostly just for the theme.

Do you have a favourite of the film scores you've written?

Sakamoto: The most memorable that I've written is from Little Buddha – the very last cue from Little Buddha. I was so satisfied with the quality of the music, with the role of the music in the film, and Bertolucci also liked it. That was actually the fifth trial I did for that cue. Four trials were rejected by Bertolucci, and that was the fifth one, it was a hard task – maybe that's why it was the most memorable! Recently, the theme of The Revenant is something I'm satisfied with, too.

• 2 months later...

Just finishing listening to Peace and Purpose from JW's TLJ OST. I've said before but really the film should have ended with this scene and cue. It has such good presentations of different themes. It sounds like a classic closing cue...but then we get yet another binary sunset cue. 

33 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

Just finishing listening to Peace and Purpose from JW's TLJ OST. I've said before but really the film should have ended with this scene and cue. It has such good presentations of different themes. It sounds like a classic closing cue...but then we get yet another binary sunset cue. 

Yes!

• 1 month later...

It can be easy to overlook "The Amoeba Emerges," coming between two more melodic/tonal cues, but don't sleep on it.  It's so bad ass.  I love it.  The way it builds and builds.

The choir at 1:08!  Very CE3K influenced, I bet.  I also hear Goldenthal influence.

• 4 weeks later...

Have been on a Morricone kick as of recently... my favorite cue from my favorite of his scores:

The score as a whole is surprisingly upbeat at parts, with cues like “Friends” and “Prohibition Durge” being very reminiscent of Nino Rota’s earlier work. It’s a very fun listen overall. 

On November 29, 2018 at 9:01 PM, Nick Parker said:

As in it was, or you just added it? Either way, hope you dig it, amigo! I'm keeping my eyes on Ludwig Goransson after this score.

Oh yeah! Can't say I'm a big fan of the R&B and hip-hop, but I must admit that they are mixed rather well into the score. Seems to be a strong suit for Goransson. The all score tracks are awesome! Drago's Walk Out is so darn good!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...