Danny Elfman's JUSTICE LEAGUE (2017)

antovolk

Do you want to know why I listen to Elfman? You can savor all of the little emotions. In their best OSTs, composers show you who they really are.

So, when I say that Zimmer and Junkie's scores are pure shit...you know that I'm tellin' the truth.

4 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

One faction of wisdom would say that a film is really truly directed and made in the editing room.

Absolutely! Another editor was brought on when Snyder stepped away (Richard Pearson), so it should be interesting how cohesive it flows. 

The added scenes in the newer trailer don't feel like Whedon (like Alfred's crack about "explosive wind-up penguins").

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

So Whedon writes better shitty one-liners, you say?

Did you watch Buffy?  He is the King of Shitty One-Liners.

Actually, he really should write a Doctor Who episode.

23 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Karol

Do you know what happens to a toad that’s hit by lightning? 

4 hours ago, crocodile said:

I'm mostly interested whether there is going to be a 2-disc DE album from Watertower. :)

Karol

I'm certain we'll get one, probably two editions if we're lucky. 

3 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

The Flash bit ("Oh, they left, that's rude") felt like Whedon to me!

That was actually Snyder's. WB invited bloggers to the set when that scene was shot.

7 hours ago, crocodile said:

Yes!

4 hours ago, Matt C said:

That was actually Snyder's. WB invited bloggers to the set when that scene was shot.

Then it's Snyder doing his best Whedon impersonation!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2017 at 0:42 AM, Stefancos said:

No Whedon?

I just included the cap confirming Elfman's involvement.

There's another one with Whedon's writing credit.

Just as long as anything Zimmer stays as much away from this as possible. Hesus, I used to be the biggest HZ fan and still rank The Thin Red Line as one of the best scores of all time, but we are now getting into circumstances where musical talent is facing an existential crisis. Zimmer is fucking global warming. Let's try to stop this shit. It is ridiculous. Luckily the public are catching onto the sound so it will be over soon.

57 minutes ago, thestat said:

Just as long as anything Zimmer stays as much away from this as possible. Hesus, I used to be the biggest HZ fan and still rank The Thin Red Line as one of the best scores of all time, but we are now getting into circumstances where musical talent is facing an existential crisis. Zimmer is fucking global warming. Let's try to stop this shit. It is ridiculous. Luckily the public are catching onto the sound so it will be over soon.

That's a little extreme, don't you think? Yes, the man's work has dropped a little in terms of consistency and quality in recent years, but he's still one of the most noteworthy and sought-after composers in Hollywood today. He's by no means a bad composer.

Are you some type of automated "Zimmer-hater" bot? Almost everything you've ever posted on this forum seems to be anti-Zimmer in nature, and there hasn't even been any recent conversations related to him on this thread for some time. You never respond to one person in particular, it's always these vague, hateful rants. Quite bizarre.

3 hours ago, JohnSolo said:

That's a little extreme, don't you think? Yes, the man's work has dropped a little in terms of consistency and quality in recent years, but he's still one of the most noteworthy and sought-after composers in Hollywood today. He's by no means a bad composer.

Are you some type of automated "Zimmer-hater" bot? Almost everything you've ever posted on this forum seems to be anti-Zimmer in nature, and there hasn't even been any recent conversations related to him on this thread for some time. You never respond to one person in particular, it's always these vague, hateful rants. Quite bizarre.

It's always great when a veteran artist who is generally considered to have "peaked" years ago suddenly 1-ups themselves. I had always considered The Thin Red Line Zimmer's best score, and years and years go by and that opinion never changes, until one day you listen to something like Interstellar, and you go, "That's it. They did it." I had a similar revelation with the Coen bros. when No Country For Old Men surpassed Fargo.

I mean, we're talking about perfection in both cases, in my opinion. I just happen to emotionally latch onto the familial yearning within Interstellar more than the reflective human condition qualities in The Thin Red Line.

Nolan and Zimmer produced a mighty fine audiovisual cocktail with that one.

Sounds very much in line with Elfman's modern approach for action films (ostinato-based, motif-driven), where pulse/groove is somehow more prominent than melody. It sounds like a minor third-based theme, which is another of his staples.

Full soundtrack listing:

Disc 1
01. Everybody Knows - Sigrid
02. The Justice League Theme - Logos
03. Hero’s Theme
04. Batman on the Roof
05. Enter Cyborg
06. Wonder Woman Rescue
07. Hippolyta's Arrow
08. The Story of Steppenwolf
09. The Amazon Mother Box
10. Cyborg Meets Diana
11. Aquaman in Atlantis
12. Then There Were Three
13. The Tunnel Fight
14. The World Needs Superman
15. Spark of The Flash
16. Friends and Foes
17. Justice League United
18. Home
19. Bruce and Diana
20. The Final Battle
21. A New Hope
22. Anti-Hero’s Theme
23. Come Together – Gary Clark Jr. and Junkie XL
24. Icky Thump – The White Stripes

Disc 2
01. The Tunnel Fight (Full Length Bonus Track)
02. The Final Battle (Full Length Bonus Track)
03. Mother Russia (Bonus Track)

1 minute ago, TownerFan said:

Sounds very much in line with Elfman's modern approach for action films (ostinato-based, motif-driven), where pulse/groove is somehow more prominent than melody. It sounds like a minor third-based theme, which is another of his staples.

Yep.  Very Spiderman/Ultron.  I like those scores and I like this fine on first listen.  The kind of motif that could ingrain itself my mind when woven throughout a score.