Danny Elfman's JUSTICE LEAGUE (2017)

antovolk

5 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

PS: how come people did not find the creepy animated face on Superman more distracting? It just looked horrible. The FX company employees who worked on the moustache removal themselves said on Reddit that they did not have a lot of time and even they think it looks horrible.

Both Cavill and Affleck looked odd at several points in the film. 

Affleck's face was a bit fatter in certain scenes. It was really noticable.

6 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I'm not saying they are for sure fakers, but I'm always wary of internet accounts that say they work for a company during some controversy.  They better use real names that can be verified against the credits.

Recently there was a person who falsely claimed to work for EA (Electronic Arts) during the Star Wars Battlefront II loot box debacle.  Just to be a troll/get attention.

I have a very very very high bar to weed out bullshit. I don't even trust most 'news' organizations. But the sheer detail these guys have provided is legit. I spoke with many of them through DMs. It is legit.

3 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Both Cavill and Affleck looked odd at several points in the film. 

Affleck's face was a bit fatter in certain scenes. It was really noticable.

That's re-shoots. Affleck was I think a sad sack smoker at that point. 

7 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Perhaps because Batman is no longer a right-wing reactionary?

That might be comics. Batman is as Hollywood as they come. I think in most of his on screen avatars, he would likely be a bleeding heart liberal. Or Hollywood would have a brain haemorrhage.

21 hours ago, Stefancos said:

For a role, or did he let himself go?

In the past two years he had gone through a pretty public separation and a stint in alcohol rehab, so my guess is you're seeing that difference in the guy's face (plus, it's probable that he had a ton of training for the original shoot, didn't keep it up after, and then was brought in for reshoots with his regular old face).

I won't be seeing it until Redbox, but I don't think there was one effects shot in the trailers that looked at all impressive.  To me, most shots in the trailers - even static shots in natural/regular environments - looked like the actors were shot on greenscreen and matted in.

I'd like to hear the Batman theme and Superman theme in the score. Can anyone link to a video or a time-code in this soundtrack video?

On 20/11/2017 at 4:39 PM, Miz said:

I'd like to hear the Batman theme and Superman theme in the score. Can anyone link to a video or a time-code in this soundtrack video?

Superman fanfare appears the very start of this track and then again at 2:18 (where it seems to be clashing with Flash material):

Batman theme appears here:

And here:

(You can also hear Superman fanfare again at 9:25 in the track above).

Batman's theme actually seems to appear in fragments all over the score. The main Justice League theme seems to be somewhat derived from it (which makes sense since Batman is its founder).

Karol

Danny Elfman has just let us know he has a scheduling conflict with this AMA - but hopefully he'll be able to do this AMA another day! I'll post about the updated date/time when I get confirmation of that.

Oops! Wrong information. The conversation was canceled. This message is at the top of the discussion.

3 hours ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

Will they still make that?

Considering most of the faults with JL lie with Snyder and Terrio... no. Whedon has two $1 billion dollar films to his name, they sure as hell will let him make Batgirl or whatever DC property he likes. Highly doubt Justice League 2 is on the cards unless it holds well at the box office in the next few weeks.

Wonder Woman 2, Aquaman, and Shazam are pretty much safe too.

On 11/19/2017 at 10:00 AM, Stefancos said:

The CGI on Cavill's face to disguise his moustache was distracting in quite a few shots. And Affleck's face looks quite different in certain parts of the film. 

I've seen the film several times, and I never noticed that. Only one split second shot threw me off (mid-credits scene). His muscle suit in the reshot scenes stuck out more.

This review mentions 10 themes. Anyone make them out clearly? It all sounded rather homogenous to me. There is one theme which seems to have the opening notes the same as the Batman theme so I did not even know whether he was quoting that or one of his new themes.

https://moviemusicuk.us/2017/11/21/justice-league-danny-elfman/

44 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

This review mentions 10 themes. Anyone make them out clearly? It all sounded rather homogenous to me. There is one theme which seems to have the opening notes the same as the Batman theme so I did not even know whether he was quoting that or one of his new themes.

https://moviemusicuk.us/2017/11/21/justice-league-danny-elfman/

Well, there are two JL themes, Batman's theme, Flash's theme, Wonder Woman's theme, Cyborg's theme, Superman's theme, the Steppenwolf theme... Not sure what else... In the film, they do a brief segment from Krypton's material from MOS but that could have been tracked in.

Karol

1 minute ago, crocodile said:

Well, there are two JL themes, Batman's theme, Flash's theme, Wonder Woman's theme, Cyborg's theme, Superman's theme, the Steppenwolf theme... Not sure what else...

Elfman’s score is strongly leitmotivic. There are themes for each of the six members of the Justice League – Williams’s Superman theme, Elfman’s 1989 Batman theme, Zimmer’s Wonder Woman theme, a new theme for Aquaman, a new theme for Flash, and a new theme for Cyborg – plus an overarching Justice League theme, an associated Justice League Hero theme, a theme for the villainous Steppenwolf, and even a love theme for Clark Kent and Lois Lane.

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

You've seen the film several times?

I had free tickets.

Some folks like the Bayformers series, but the DCEU is my guilty pleasure.

5 hours ago, Stefancos said:

It's not bad enough.

Plan 9 is one of the most overrated bad films. If you want something truly hysterical, The Howling 2 has more entertainment value than any comedy in the past three decades.

I've always been partial to Peter Jackson's Bad Taste myself.  Good memories of watching with my best friends in high school and taking the piss.  Of course that's a movie that knows it's bad and plays it's amateur production values for laughs.