Danny Elfman's JUSTICE LEAGUE (2017)

antovolk

16 minutes ago, Lord Zimmer said:

The use of the Elfman theme in that clip is good, as long as they don't go fullblown Elfman Batman. I always thought the beginning of that theme was good but once it got going I lose interest. Though I would have preferred a reworking of the Bruce Wayne theme from BvS, everything about Batman in that film was mean as hell including his theme.

At an end your rule is. And not short enough it was.

1 hour ago, BloodBoal said:

It doesn't strike me as a film that would fit their sensibilities.

Yet, enough people liked Zimmer's autopilot scores.

Aside from Elfman, film looks stupid.

54 minutes ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

They did this clip thing for Independence Day Resurgence where Fox essentially released the whole damn movie on YouTube. It's a sign that the movie stinks.

Emmerich's movies are shit anyway. 

Do you want a superhero film that basically gives away the whole plot via trailers, clips and TV spots? Look no further than Spider-Man 3, Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man Homecoming. Maybe it's a studio thing since all three are Sony releases.

3 hours ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

They did this clip thing for Independence Day Resurgence where Fox essentially released the whole damn movie on YouTube. It's a sign that the movie stinks.

I never saw ID so dunno about that but talking about another WB/SNyder collaboration, they quite literally had the entirety of 300 out before the release. There was over 2 hours worth of behind the scenes video and clips available for the movie.

But in that case it turned out they were extremely confident about the film and bullish about its prospects that's why they were showing it off. Dunno if same is the case here.

8 hours ago, Baby Jane Hudson said:

They do it for EVERY. SINGLE. FILM. So no, not a sign at all.

The music is saying something that doesn't seem to match the visuals. Not Elfman's fault, the film just looks like The Avengers were shat out of a coal factory chimney - The green screen is overwhelming. 

Two themes for the same character, written by 2 very different composers will be a strange combination. I really like both themes but I think the Williams theme doesn't have anything to do with the superman in these new DC movies.

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Apparently, it's just a cameo for Williams' theme, so it looks like the rendition heard in that track that was released a few days ago is all we'll get with that theme.

So for the rest of the time it will be Zimmer's theme? If that's the case, why would Elfman go on and on about using Williams' them in interviews.

I believe they will use the iconic theme for "inspiring" moments or key scenes of interaction between Superman and the population in which these people's devotion to the character is clear, and the actual theme will be reserved for action scenes, scenes together with the League and romantic moments with Lois Lane.

26 minutes ago, Romão said:

This movie looks like crap

Yeah. Even J.K. Simmons who definitively embodied a classic Marvel character seems to be ridiculously miscast as Commissioner Gordon. This movie looks like pure shit.

Well, I watched all 4 clips.  Film doesn't seem that bad, I dunno.

The old Elfman Batman theme in the first clip was neat, and the Wonder Woman theme in the second clip seemed better than its been before.

Hopefully the film and score are good

2 hours ago, Lord Zimmer said:

Tbh it looks like any other superhero movie that came out in the last few years...save for Batman v Superman actually. 

I miss Nolan.

Dr Strange, Spider-Man Homecoming, Thor Ragnarok? If you compare JL to other DC films of course it looks similar, like the camera fell off the van and ruined the lenses.

It’s not vintage Elfman but it’s a step in the right direction compared to what came before it.

Its not like DC can go any lower. Since they started they’ve had one good film out of 4, or 1 out of 5 if you counted Green Lantern. And as good as Wonder Woman was, the music was dreadful. I especially don’t know what they were thinking when the end credits were scored.

it seems with addition of Matt Reeves for the solo Batman film and list of possible directors being discussed for MOS 2, DC is headed in the right direction. But if JL bombs, who knows what will happen.

Ooh, that first track is classic Elfman! Maybe it was early to bury the whole thing because of those two early tracks?

Judging by the title, the second one will underscore the inevitable "Avengers shot" and thus must contain the main Justice League motif. Nothing spectacular, it would fit perfectly with all the throwaway Marvel themes. Quite a big change in atmosphere from the DCEU.

After having listened to a bit more than half of the OST, I think it's pretty uninteresting music. It's not offensive but it isn't very interesting. Just a typical superhero score without any very memorable themes sadly.