Danny Elfman's JUSTICE LEAGUE (2017)

antovolk

Finished listening to this yesterday.  I REALLY liked Elfman's theme for (I'm assuming) the Flash (first appears in the Tunnel Fight cue - fast string runs with kind of Zimmer-esque deep brass BWOMPS over it) and enjoyed his orchestral tweaks to Zimmer's Wonder Woman riff and its rhythms.  Less to say about his Hero/Anti-Hero/JL main themes - they were fine, just not outstanding.  His use of his own Batman and Williams' Superman themes was a bit of a letdown, but I can't help but think the idea of it got my hopes up too high.  I think if I had heard them fresh (without knowing they'd be there) on album or in the movie, I would appreciate them more as easter eggs.

i have to say that my fondness for it waned a little bit as the album became more action heavy, but I did prefer it to Zimmer and Junkie's MoS and BvS  scores at any rate. 

Did it leak?  I'm not listening until I see the movie on Saturday morning!  Also not opening any thread with Star Wars in the title until then, just to avoid accidentally spoiling myself like I did with TFA.

For those who are still waiting for the official release of the score like I am. Here are my thoughts about the Justice League score:

https://soundtrackworld.com/2017/12/justice-league-danny-elfman/

(Going to see The Last Jedi in 7 hours!)