Danny Elfman's JUSTICE LEAGUE (2017)

antovolk

32 minutes ago, TheUlyssesian said:

Or it can make up for sloppy film-making and acting and provide the emotion in a scene that the actor couldn't provide or create tension in a scene that the director couldn't create or give momentum and pace to the story that the script didn't have or give the impact to an important scene that all of them combined couldn't give it. Film scoring at its best can truly transform a film for the better - that if it is even given that chance.

*cough* Star Wars prequels. *cough*

30 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

The thing is, I really do have a bad cold.  I’m just coughing :( 

You must learn to channel your illness into something that creates value; next time you cough, try making passing insults at films that need music to give them a sense of worth.

(Wish you the best in your recovery.)

Elfman is attending the tribute concert to him in Vienna and talked briefly about the JL score (recorded last week in London). One tidbit had him talking about doing the mock-up for a "particularly moving sequence" and he persuaded the producers to hire a string orchestra to embellish the mock-up.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=119077&forumID=1&archive=0

Weird idea to hire players to embellish a mockup when presumably the mockup is just temporary before you record the cue with the full orchestra anyway.

I guess if the producers weren't completely sold on the cue yet.

I like how he mentioned that created motif for Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg. I'm not sure those characters really deserve just a motif (I'm wondering if the composer for Aquaman will discard it), but I'm interested to see how that plays out / development throughout the score. Also sounds like he wasn't forced to adapt his style, which is good. 

On 25/9/2017 at 10:33 PM, Disco Stu said:

The thing is, I really do have a bad cold.  I’m just coughing :( 

So you’re the one who gave me this cold? 

Ass!

What could be interesting is how he changes his original theme to fit this movie, which will be so different in style from Burton.  Less gothic.

Heh heh.

Capture.JPG

Such a weird situation with this film.

I think Zimmer's theme was a pretty good theme for the Clark Kent presented in MoS and BvS, but not a very good theme for Superman - not even Snyder's version of Superman.

Based on what we've seen, tonally, I agree that these themes as presented originally wouldn't necessarily fit.  However, we don't know what Elfman is going to do.  He mentions that he is twisting Williams' theme a bit.

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yea we don't need these kind of rude gimmick accounts here.  If you want to keep it post nicer things

Not a gimmick, I'm dead serious.

Rude to whom exactly? Elfman? Williams? I'm sure they'll be fine.

"Stop saying stuff I don't agree with or I'll ban you""

Good to know.

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

I said nothing about your opinion, just your language used to express it

"If you want to keep it post nicer things"

But, alright. Fine.

Elfman, don't mess this up. Can't get worse than whatever Junkie did for BvS. But goddamn at those Whedon quotes man. And not to mention the stuff about Adam West Batman throwbacks.....this shits gonna be Batman & Robin territory. 

Awesome news!  While I love MoS and generally don't think that Williams' Superman theme would fit the dark new DC universe, I have faith that Elfman will find a way to make it work (and if not, at the very least it'll be entertaining (unlike say, Rupert's Wonder Woman (zzzzzzzz)))