Jerry Goldsmith's PAPILLON - NEW Quartet Records Expanded Version

Incanus

Sometimes:

• during E.T.'s farewell the music is in the center of attention
  • the airplane scenes of Empire of the Sun
  • the last act of A.I. is full of fantastic imagery and music without any noises and dialogue, notably the flight through the ice

On 20/06/2017 at 8:19 AM, Jim Ware said:

The Universal France release has a number of cues running at an incorrect speed (and therefore at incorrect pitch). 

Oh they have that problem in their Pop/retro catalog too... they are unable to correctly adjust the pitch or even restore the sound droppings on their material. A bunch of pure idiots. The problem is that they don't have sounds engineers anymore, they give the jobs as external contracts, and they don't give a damn about the quality... the only thing that matters is money. Less money to produce, max money for the sales.

They actually don't even realize that in the market they have now a very bad reputation.

Well, in another hand, that's why specialized labels emerge... to eventually replace those old outdated majors.

I just got my shipping notice from Intrada, so I should have it either Saturday or Monday I guess

Yes mine too!

On 6/20/2017 at 5:19 PM, Jim Ware said:

The Universal France release has a number of cues running at an incorrect speed (and therefore at incorrect pitch). 

Yes. That album also used the film stems. Jose apparently found the better quality tapes. Thus there will be an impressive jump in the sound quality.

The new disc sounds very good to my ears. The extra material is very much in the same vein as the rest of the score, a few new variations on the main theme etc. Certainly a worthy upgrade of this score finally into its complete form. :) 

Got it!

The cues, now playing with the right tempo and pitch, sound awesome in comparison with the Universal France version! Those 5 minutes of extra material are also worth it!

• 3 weeks later...

That's it!

It's completely sold out. The lowest price I've seen it for is more than 50 bucks! Everyone who hasn't got it yet is too late! From now on the price is just gonna increase.

I'm so relieved!:)

I still don't know what I'm gonna do with my universal france disc...     :microwave:     :bash:     :flush:     ...there are so many possibilities! (smiley = disc)